BGM - Penal

This could've been a BSM but meh

Michael:  
You were often astounded by your boyfriend's musical talent. The way that his fingers glided over a piano or rocked out on a guitar never ceased to amaze you, a person without a musical bone in their body. You loved sitting in while the boys composed music or wrote lyrics, doing your own work in the corner or curled up next to Michael, just listening without interfering.

But occasionally, he astounded you in a completely different way, with displays of unthinkable stupidity.

"Guyyyyyyyyys," Calum whined from his spot on the floor, "this is all wrong!"

Your eyes flickered down at him and away from your physics paper for only a moment before you looked back up. You weren't getting involved in his.

Ashton groaned and looked up from the guitar he was messing with, "what's all wrong with it?"

"I can't get the words to fit," Calum was rather frustrated. He ripped the paper off of his notepad and threw it at Luke. It bounced off of the back of the singer's head, making him turn around from his spot at the keyboard.

"What was that for?" He whined, "it's not my fault your stuck."

"Which song are you working on?" Michael sighed and looked up from his own notebook where he had been writing his own lyrics.

"Gone Too Fast," Calum replied glumly.

"Well there's your problem, you can't write a sad song unless your sad, it never works when you're happy," Michael replied comfortingly, "I'm working on One Night Only and it's going great." With that assurance he chuckled and pointedly looked over at you. You let out a sigh, rolling your eyes as you realized that he was writing a rather dirty song.

"You didn't make it too graphic did you?" Ashton hesitantly asked.

You raised an eyebrow, a little interested in what he came up with yourself.

"It'll need some editing later," your boyfriend cackled, "I rhymed penal with adrenal."

And wow, that didn't sound right to you at all. Clearly Luke agreed as his fingers came down hard on the keyboard, making a loud and unpleasant noise as he laughed. "Michael! That's awful!"

"Yeah it is," Calum snorted, "what's the line."

"You've got my adrenal headed straight to my penal," Michael said proudly.

"WHAT?!" Ashton had to put down the guitar he was laughing so hard.

You joined in too, that was nonsensical and frankly just wrong.

"That doesn't even make sense!" Calum howled from the floor, "You have adrenaline rushing straight to your legal offense?"

"What?" Now it was Michael's turn to be confused and the adorable way his nose scrunched up almost made you stop laughing. Almost.

"Penal doesn't mean penis bro," Luke clarified, evidently having recovered from the initial shock.

"What? That makes no sense. They sound so similar?" Michael whined.

"Reed and read sound similar, are only one letter different, and mean completely different things," Calum pointed out as you slowly began to calm down.

"Yeah, and wood and would," Luke suggested.

"Cream and scream," Ashton shrugged, "add an 's' and it's a new word."

"I guess," Michael said grumpily, "but then I need a new word that means penis."

"Phallic," you didn't usually say anything but this was too good an opportunity to pass up, "it's an adjective that basically means that something looks like, or relates to a penis, or phallus."

"Well what rhymes with phallic?" Michael scrunched his eyebrows together.

"That's your department," you shrugged and looked away.

"Zayn Malik?" Luke tentatively suggested.

"YES!" Michael cheered just as Ashton screamed, "NO!"

But Michael was already furiously writing lyrics down prompting Ashton to glare at Luke and then you.

"Just expanding vocabularies," you said innocently.

"Thanks babe!" Michael smiled, "This is gonna be awesome!"

"More like it's gonna need to be rewritten," Ashton pinched the bridge of his nose.

Calum shrugged, "you can't deny it's a good rhyme."

"Not. Helping."

I know this was weird or whatever but I'm still recovering from the last thing I wrote which was ASHTON'S DEATH RIP

THANKS FOR READING, COMMENTING, AND VOTING!