BGM - High School Badboy AU

Requested by:
@AvengersHufflepuff (and to a lesser extent me)

Who needs chapter orders when you can write in whatever order?

Michael:  
Green eyes that always seemed to be watching you. You always caught Michael staring, and it was rarely at your face.

You were flustered at first. When you felt his eyes all over you, the hot burn of his stare as he checked you out. But as it happened more and more often you grew used to it. No more blushing and looking away, you tried not to react at all to him as he raked his eyes up and down your body, God only knows what he was thinking about.

"Oh my God Y/N. He's doing it again," Y/BFF/N squealed into your ear as the two of you entered through the large double doors of your school.

"He does it every day, hush," you quieted her to try and keep curious eyes to a minimum. You didn't like it when your classmates stared.

"But look! I can't believe that you can be so nonchalant," she sighed, nodding in the direction of Michael and pulling her books a little closer to her chest.

You rolled your eyes and looked at him yourself. Same as always, his back and right foot were pressed against the flaking paint of his locker. His arms were crossed over his chest and surrounding him were his three minions, Calum, Luke, and Ashton as they all murmured to each other in low voices. However as soon as one noticed you they would always stop. Elbows would be pressed into ribs as necks whipped around so eyes could stare at you. Michael's friends always seemed to stare in a kind of curiosity, like how you had attracted the badboy's attention while Michael just smirked and checked you out.

You averted your eyes, trying to ignore their obvious gawking as you walked in their direction. Unfortunately for you, your locker was further down the hallway from Michael's so you had to make this kind of walk of shame multiple times a day. You didn't like it.

Not because Michael wasn't hot, he definitely was, but he was anti-popular. A phrase coined by Y/BFF/N to describe him and his friends because they were all well-known and wielded great power in the halls but they didn't get it from being rich or good at sports. It was rumors swirling of their illegal activity along with a healthy dose of physical attractiveness that kept them firmly near the top of the social hierarchy. Nobody would talk back to a guy that had allegedly knocked out more teeth than a professional hockey player, or that had been to jail more times than any of you could count. It just wasn't realistic.

Due to Michael's anti-popularity you had also been ballooned up the social ranks. People noticed his staring and the whispers started. People thought the two of you were dating, or secretly married, a few even suggested some more... colorful alternatives that brought a blush to your cheeks just thinking about them. All were untrue. To be honest you hadn't spoken to Michael all year, never had a reason to.

Yet somehow, you were referred to as "Clifford's Girl" a nickname that you suspected Michael started himself.

However like any popular person there were people who hated Michael, and so they tried to use you to get back at him. Take Zayn Malik for example, he had a similar social status and friend group to Michael, but hated his guts. The two of them were always fighting over something. Luckily you hadn't been caught in the crosshairs.

Only that was about to change.

As you got ready to walk by Michael, Zayn and his friends Liam, Harry, Niall, and Louis stepped into the hallway. They sauntered over and huddled against the lockers almost directly across from Michael's. For whatever attention the green-haired boy didn't pay them any attention. He seemed to be more focused on you than usual.