DDM - Making Slime

Requested by:
@izzythewonderer

Here we go

Michael:  
"Dad dad dad dad," you yelled as you traipsed into the house after a long day at school.

"Y/N Y/N Y/N Y/N," he mocked you, poking his head out of his study as he spoke.

"DAAAAAAD!" You threw your backpack off and left it on the ground, running toward him.

He smiled and stood up so that when you made it inside he could scoop you up and swing you around. "How was my favorite daughter's day at school?" He hummed, finally setting you back onto your feet.

You stumbled a little, slightly dizzy, before answering, "it was good. In science Mrs. Y/T/N made goo."

"Goo?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah it was pink and glittery and it looked really cool but I didn't get any," you pouted a little at the memory, "she said there wasn't enough."

"I'm sorry baby," he rubbed your back comfortingly as you frowned.

"It's okay Daddy it isn't your fault," you shrugged, "I just wanted some but she gave it to Y/E/N because he asked first."

"Well," Michael paused for a moment as he thought, "we could always make some."

"Really?" Your face lit up at the suggestion, "We can?"

"Yea, but don't tell Mum because she'll totally be mad if we make a mess," he shushed you, and turned back around so he could look at his laptop screen.

"I'll be quiet as a moose," you agreed.

He chuckled and glanced back at you, "I think it's 'quiet as a mouse' sweetness."

"Nuh uh," you protested, "moose!"

"Whatever you say," Michael pulled up a recipe for slime and then hit the print button.

After the piece of paper came out of the printer the two of you split up to gather ingredients. Michael went to the laundry room to see if he could find any borax while you rummaged through your arts supplies until finding an unopened bottle of white glue.

You met him back in the kitchen.

"Now what?" You lifted yourself up on your tippy toes to watch after setting down the glue bottle.

"Uh we mix them?" Michael suddenly sounded a lot less sure of himself.

He grabbed your mother's favorite mixing bowl and dumped all of the glue in it. Then came a dash of water and some borax he sprinkled on top.

"Can we add color?" You asked him while he grabbed the automatic mixer, also used by your mother to cook with. It was reasons like these as to why Michael was not allowed near the kitchen.

"Sure, here," he tossed you a little box containing red, blue, yellow, and green food dye. You didn't know where he had gotten them but you were glad. You thought a nice mint green would look good, so you grabbed the green food coloring.

You pulled the top off and tried to squeeze a few drops into the bowl. But you were short, and the cap was stuck. These two factors led to you just squeezing the green bottle of dye in front of your face until it ultimately exploded all over your face.

"AHHHH!" You yelled as your eyes stung.

"Oh my God!" Your dad grabbed the box and passed you a wet washcloth. You dabbed at your eyes while he read the poison control directions. "Oh good no damage you'll be okay," he sighed after a moment.

"You mix it," you glared at the bowl, no longer concerned with the food dye all over the place. You just wanted the slime without the mess.

"Okay okay but you're helping me clean this up after hear me?" Michael ordered, holding the mixer in one hand.

You nodded in understanding and the mixer was lowered into the mixture. You wanted to be impressed, you really did, but he turned it on high and the sticky alike ingredients went everywhere. All over you, the walls, the counter, and your father.

Just in time for Mum to get home.

She walked into the house, making a beeline for the kitchen. Michael tried to leave in order to distract her but it was futile.

She walked in, took one look at the state of things and sighed deeply, "why am I reminded of the Kid's Choice Awards?"

"I dunno Mum," you replied honestly.

"And you! You look just like how he did covered in that green goo," she chuckled, "we should probably wash that out before the glue dries and it's even harder."

"Bath?" You asked, little head perking up. You needed a little bit of cheering up after slime had evaded you for two times in one day.

"Yes come here sweetie," she held out a hand, so you reached go to take it.

Your mother led you past a gaping Michael and toward the stairs. "I noticed, you owe me twenty bucks and a clean kitchen," she said.

"Yes ma'am."

Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting!