3 ~ Вяоокlуn Wау

Serena

I woke up on the floor. Jess had pushed me off in the middle of the night and I somehow slept through it.

"Brooklyn Way," echoed in my ears. I turned around and shook Jess.

Bad idea.

"Shake me again Serena and I swear to God, I will shove my foot so far up your ass, the dentist will be picking out my toes from in between your teeth," she said without even opening an eye. I slapped her butt and went upstairs to wash my face.

The dream last night was the first time I dreamt of something else. It might have been the answer to all my problems.

By the time I went downstairs, Jess was up making waffles. Well by making waffles I mean toasting. The girl can't cook.

"Good morning... bitch," she grinned

"Right back at you," I winked. "I had a different dream," I blurted. She turned around to face me.

"Well finally."

"It was a clue or a path or something. I need you to take me to Brooklyn Way."

"That place is so shady though. I don't feel like getting flashed by a hobo again." She scrunched her nose and shivered.

"Please I think it will help."

"Fine, but you owe me."

•°●°•

The car rolled to a stop in front of the same alley I saw in my dream. I took a deep breath before un buckling the seat belt that held me in place and pushed open the door.

"Do you want me to come in with you," Jess called. I hesitated and nodded. She followed behind me as we walked to what seemed like our deaths. The alley was dark and reeked of pee and trash. We trudged through puddles and stopped in front of the same rusty door. I looked at Jess and she looked at me.

"Ready?" I asked. She nodded. I turned the doorknob but it wouldn't budge. I juggled and pushed and twisted but nothing happened. "Hm. Locked-" just then the door opened and a tall man reeking of a bitter smell stood in the door way. His brows frowned and his eyes pierced into ours. His height made us feel like ants encountering a dog.

"Well?" His voice was deep and ragged. "What do you want?" He raised his voice. His curly white beard bounced up and down each time he moved his jaw. I didn't know what to do. I looked to the left and Jess. She stood still, in her place staring at the big red stain on his dirty white tank top. I pressed my lips together and then opened my mouth ti say something but no words came out. I closed my eyes, jut my jaw and finally spoke.

"Ms. Menticide," I gulped right after and clenched my fist. He didn't say anything. I opened my eyes and saw him in shock. His eyebrows raised and he took a step to the side making way for us to pass by.

"She's downstairs," he whispered and nodded his head to the side. Jess looked at me with wide eyes and grabbed my hand. I nodded and dragged her down the dark little house through the hallway and to the foot of the staircase. At the bottom was a shut door. A dim yellow light barely escaped from underneath.

"Let's go," I said, dragging Jess downstairs with me.

"You're crazy," she said pulling my arm back. She wouldn't budge."What if there's some phsyco killer in there? And what the eff is 'Ms. Menticide?'" She said making quotations with her fingers.

"Go. Downstairs," the deep voice behind us boomed. We turned around and screamed. The same tall man stood behind us, blocking the exit.

"We're gonna die!" Jess whispered in my ear. She finally continued down the stairs with me. We stood in front of the brown door in the basement of some strangers house. I grabbed the doorknob and turned it open.

"No going back," I whispered to myself.

We stepped into what seemed to be a completely different house. The walls were pale yellow and the lights were shining brightly above a white tiled floor. The room was deckrated modernly with leather cairs, coffee tables, plants, and new looking bookshelves. Jess looked at me confused.

"Where the hell are we?" She asked. I shrugged and shook my head.

"Welcome, Jess, Serena. Have a seat," a feminine voice we turned around to see a curvy woman in a tight black dress standing in front of another door. Her short bob swayed as she talked. Her smile reached from ear to ear. "I'm Ms. Menticide."