4 ~ Dоwnѕтаiяѕ

Serena

"You're Ms. Menticide?" I asked taking a step forward. Jess grabbed my wrist. I looked back at her. She was scared which isn't something she ever is. I gave hrr a reassuring look so she hesitantly took a step forward with me.

"That's me," she continued to smile widely. "And you have finally answered."

"Answered?"

"The dreams," she placed her hands on her hips.

"More like nightmares," I scoffed. "But wait you've been planting them in my head?"

"Its time you knew." She paused. Her smile dissapeared. "Your past life is calling."

I was silent. She was silent. Jess was confused.

"Past life?" I sputtered.

"You've been getting some unexplainable PTSD, no?" She lifted an eyebrow. That's when I remembered. The brigde and water. I've never feared water.

"Yeah..."

"Its time, young one." With one big step she was next to me and grabbed hold of my wrist. She dragged me and Jess behind the door.

The room was all white with a single chair, table drawer and white recliner that reminded me of a dentist chair. There were no windows or other doors. The door we just entered through had dissapeared.

"What the fuck..." I heard Jess whisper.

Ms. Menticide patted the chair and pointed at me. I stepped forward and sat down.

"Close your eyes, lean back," she whispered. I obeyed.

"Um is this safe?" Jess called. Ms. Menticide nodded and placed and finger on her lips. She turned around and rolled open the drawer. She pulled out a little container and dipped two fingers in. She then turned back around and pressed her fingers on both sides of my head on each temple. It was steaming hot.

"Shit!" I winced. She didn't care as if she was so used to doing this.

"Serena. Imagine this: you are in a hallway; a long hallway."

I slowly nodded.

"You begin to run. Faster and faster and faster. At the end is a shut window. The window begins to open and on the other side is a blinding white light. When I snap reach for the light. When I snap again step into the light. When I snap go into the light."

She snapped once. I ran to the light and reach a hand out.

She snapped again. I slowly placed a foot into the light.

She snapped for the third and final time. I took a breath and jumped into the light.

"Let it consume you!" Ms. Menticide yelled. That was the last thing I heard.

•°●°•

I opened my eyes. I was floating through a bright area. It wasn't a room. It was just... space. I saw an opening. I swung my arms and attempted to swim to it.

I don't know what happening

I got closer and closer and closer to the opening.

Let it consume you! Ms. Menticide's words echoed in my ears.

I obeyed.