Invisable String

Michael POV:

We heard yelling and shouting coming from out in the hall and it sounded like Ashton. The three of us walked out of our room to see Mason standing at the door as Ashton yells at him while shielding Billy with his body. Once Mason left I was I shocked and disgusted. Billy and Ashton went back to their room while I just sat in the hall for a while, not sure what to do.

"Mate you can't sit out here all night." Luke says coming out of the room.

"Come inside." He adds walking up to me and giving me a hand up.

We walk back to the room and I'm still speechless. I plonk myself down on my bed as Calum and Luke watch tv. There's a knock at the door and Luke gets up to answer it. Ashton walks into the room with his head down.

"How's Billy?" I say almost jolting up out of my seat.

"I don't know? She's asleep though." He replies sounding upset.

"Ok." I say not really sure what to say.

"I'm sorry about all that before." Ashton apologises.

"Nah man, you don't have to be sorry for anything. It's not your fault." Luke replies.

"Yeah don't be." Calum adds.

"Thanks for protecting my sister." I say grateful he was there.

"No problem." Ashton replies.

We all sit down and watch some television for a couple of hours trying to forget about the events of tonight. I decide to go check up on Billy and see how she's doing. I walk into Billy and my hotel room which has kind of become hers and Ashton's and make my way over to her.

"Hey Bill." I say softy sitting down on the bed next to her.

"Hey Mikey." She replies back and I can sense she's still upset.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask getting straight to the point.

"Because I was scared." She admits.

"Well you had no reason to be and you have no reason now." I say giving her a reassuring smile.

"Thanks Michael, you know for kicking his arse before." She says laughing a little.

"No problem, I'm just a ninja. I'll take on anyone." I say joking around as the conversation turns serious again.

"Please don't be angry at me?" She says a little worried.

"Angry? Why would I be angry at you?" I say surprised she'd even think such a thing.

"Just because I didn't tell you and you found out like you did." She confesses.

"Don't worry about it. I'm just glad I know now and we can take that bastard to court and get his ass sued." I say trying to get a positive out of this situation.

"I don't want to go to court and face that bastard. I never want anything to do with him again." She says feeling awkward.

"Can we at least report him to the police?" I push.

"Maybe. I don't want to talk about this now." She says uncomfortably.

"Ok." I reply quietly feeling a little bad.

_________________

Billy's POV:

Michael and I talk for agers just about everything. It's good to finally have my brother back to his normal self.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything?" Ashton asks walking through the door.

"Nah, you're not." Michael replies as I smile up at Ashton.

Ashton walks over to us and wraps his arms around my waist from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder. The three of us talk for a while before Michael leaves for bed.

Ashton and I both climb into bed together as he cuddles in close to me.

"You almost ready to go back home?" Ashton asks me in the darkness.

"Defiantly." I reply relieved.

"It will be good to be back home, and Harry and Lauren are dying to meet you." He adds snuggling closer to my body.

"Are they really? I'd love to meet them." I say a little excited.

"Yeah, Lauren pretty much stalked your twitter and Instagram she even follows you. She always tells me how pretty you are but I already know that of course." He says.

"Aw, I defiantly have to follow her back then. Remind me to do that tomorrow morning when we wake up." I say flattered she'd do that.

"Ok, I will." Ashton says.

Our conversation pauses for a minute as only our breathing can be heard.

"Are you going to tell the police?" Ashton says breaking the peacefully silence.

"I don't know Ash. Michael already talked to me about it and it's really hard." I sigh.

"Ok, well I won't push you then." He says calmly.

"Ash?" I question.

"Yeah babe?" He replies sweetly.

"I love how you never push me into doing something. Thank you for being here for me." I whisper into the night air.

"No problem, I would never push you into anything. I don't think you realise how lucky I am to have you." He says making my heart beat so fast.

"I love you." I admit as I play with his fingers.

"I love you more." He replies.

"Do you believe in angels?" I ask randomly.

"By angels are you referring to your mum?" He questions almost reading my mind.

"Yeah." I reply softy.

"Well to be completely honest. I never believed in angels until I met you." He replies.

"You're cheesy." I giggle as he laughs.

"No, I believe your mum is more of a queen then an angel. She's up there being peaceful and watching over you, and she'll always be connected to you, no matter how far away she is." He says placing his hand on my heart.

"How'd you know?" I says getting a little teary.

"About the invisible string?" He asks softy playing with my hair.

"Yeah." I reply a little confused as to how he knows.

"I saw the photo in your bunk one night." He says.

"Oh." I says.

"It's a really good idea." He adds.

"Yeah I know. Mum use to tell it to me back when I first started school. I was so scared to leave Mum for a day so she told me a story how if you love someone it doesn't matter how far away from them you are, your heart is always connected to their heart by a piece of invisible string." I say softly starting to feel tired.

"I love that. It's perfect." Ashton replies. He kisses me goodnight then I snuggle into his warm body as I slowly drift off to sleep.