Just Be Alright

"What's up Billy, it's like 2 in the morning." His raspy voice says.

"I'm sorry. I just needed someone to talk to." I say sniffling.

"Are you ok?" He asks in a calming voice.

"No." I manage to mumble out as I start crying again.

"Shhhh." He says trying to calm me.

"I'm so sorry Ashton, I just didn't know who else to call." I mumble again.

"Don't be silly, you've got nothing to be sorry about." He says as I can hear concern growing in his voice.

"I just really need someone to talk to." I sigh into the phone.

"Ok, well I'll come get you hey? and we can have a chat." He asks.

"Thank you." I whisper before hanging up.

I grab a jacket and my phone before walking down stairs and out onto the front patio, taking a seat on the steps and waiting for Ashton.

Ashton's silver car pulls up and I watch as his figure get out of the car and almost run towards me. He embraces me in a tight, warm hug.

"How you doing." He asks sweetly as he brushes my tears away with his thumb.

"I've been better." I say curving up one side of my mouth into a smile.

His eyes roam down my body.

"I like your pyjamas." He says cheekily trying to lighten the mood.

"Sorry, I forgot to get changed." I say as a flush of embarrassment washes over me.

"Don't worry about it. It's cute." He says pecking my forehead before grabbing my hand and walking me towards his car. Wait what? Did Ashton just kiss me?

"Sorry I was late." He says lightly as we get into his car.

"You weren't late. I'm surprised you actually got up at this hour in the morning just to come get me." I say gratefully.

"No problem, anything for you." He says cutely before focusing his attention back on the road.

"So where do you want to go?" He asks me glancing back at me whenever he can.

"I don't know." I sigh.

"I've got an idea." He says.

We pull up at a small lake and Ashton gets out before walking around my side of the car and opening my door for me. He takes my hand and I get a bunch of butterflies in my stomach. He leads me over to a small jetty and takes a seat as I sit down next to him leaning on his shoulder.

"So are you going to tell me what's up?" He asks seriously wrapping an arm around my waist.

"It's m-mum." I stumble out getting emotional again.

"Mhmm." He murmurs into my hair letting me know he's listening.

"S-she was really sick tonight and Dad had to take her back to the hospital." I say as I start crying again and gasping a little for air.

"Hey...shhhh. I'm here it's ok." He says pulling me in tighter.

"I'm so sorry, almost every time you've seen me I've cried. I must look like the biggest weirdo." I say whipping my tears with my sleeves.

"Don't be sorry at all. And you're lucky because I happen to like weirdos." He says making me giggle.

"Thanks." I whisper into Ashton's chest.

"For what? Calling you a weirdo?" He giggles which makes me smile at how cute he is.

"For being here for me. You're a nice guys Ashton." I whisper.