제23부

A/N: Kindly reread  제5부 and familiarize  yourselves with the characters so you could all put the puzzle pieces together bit by bit ㅎㅎ

~*~

"We can't leave now that we're on Code 1! All of the entrances and exits are closed." Hoseok reminded Yoongi.

There was a long pause from over the line before Yoongi spoke again, "Shit." He cursed before hanging up the call, leaving Hoseok clueless.

He tried on redialing Yoongi's number, but it was now out of reach. Just shrugging it off, Hoseok then decided to continue chasing Taehyung.

~*~

"He isn't here." Taehyung murmured, seeing the jail empty and so was the other detaining rooms. "Where did they bring him?"

"Kim Taehyung!" Hoseok called him out, catching his knees as he panted.

"H-hyung--- Jimin isn't here. Wait... White room!" He uttered to himself, passing by Hoseok to run once again but the older grabbed his arm tightly, not letting him go this time.

"Taehyung, could you please calm the fuck down?!" Hoseok snarled, slowly losing his patience. "We're on Code 1 and if the bomb detonates, we could fucking die right here, don't you realize that? Huh?"

"I don't care, hyung." Taehyung muttered in gritted teeth, brows furrowed, showing the anger he has in his eyes. "I don't care if I die just for the sake of saving my bestfriend. I can't fucking let him die helplessly while he's being detained somewhere---"

"We're not allowed to release the detainees when we're on Code 1---"

"I WON'T FUCKING LET MY BESTFRIEND DIE JUST BECAUSE OF YOUR FUCKING RULES!" He yelled that made Hoseok stop for a while, releasing Taehyung's arm with an unexplainable expression plastered in his face.

They were both silent for a moment, waiting for each other to speak. But unlike to what he was expecting, Hoseok saw that Taehyung still had the fury in his eyes, that he won't apologize, and he won't take back what he has just said to his senior.

Hoseok puffed an air, putting his hands on his waist whilst he poked his inside cheeks with his tongue, gently shaking his head.

'Bomb defused successfully. Please stay at your current positions for further safety requirements.'

The broadcast aired once again and Hoseok exhaled. Glancing at Taehyung who had his head lowered, he rolled his eyes and proceeded back to the training field by himself.

~*~

Hoseok came to the training field with the agents huddled by the tall platform where Namjoon stood. He went by the front row where he saw Seokjin who had his sweat all over his face and neck.

"Hyung." Hoseok spoke softly and the older turned to him. "Thanks goodness, you and Namjoon hyung are safe."

"We had a hard time defusing bomb since it isn't the usual bomb we encounter on our missions. The bomb has unusual chips and thick glass wires wherein if we make even a single crack, it could detonate and annihilate our headquarters in just a blink of an eye." Seokjin stated and Hoseok gasped.

"Everyone." Namjoon started to speak by the platform, holding the bomb up for the agents to see. "If you notice something suspicious after this bomb incident, please report it immediately so we could have an action right away. As for now, we need to review the security cameras as to how and who implanted this bomb in our headquarters."

"Suspicions..." Hoseok rubbed his chin, turning to Jin. "Some of our agents are actually suspicious."

"Hmm? How come?"