제20부

Note: Italicized paragraphs mean flashbacks. ("") followed by a dialogue is also considered as a flashback while ('') followed by a dialogue is a thought. I hope these won't bring confusions. Hehe.

~*~

"Keep an eye on Jimin, Tae. He's not what we think. Ever since the blood transfusion was done to him, I've noticed some weird things. He was awake while we're out and he was asleep while we're up. I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed that the tubes were taped in his skin but it isn't actually connected in him. Those were fake. Now, I'm only telling this to you since you're his closest friend. I'm not implying that you should be suspicious over him because, I could be wrong... But I trust my instincts, Tae. It's you who knows Jimin the most amongst us so I hope the moment he wakes up, it would be you to be the first to notice if he ever changes."

Those were the words that Yoongi told him a day before Jimin woke up in the hospital.

"It's on you if you believe what I've told you. I'm just worried for the agency-and you."

Taehyung gripped on his certificate tightly as the thoughts of Yoongi came continuously in his mind.

"Tae." Jimin mumbled softly whilst he grasped against the bars, his eyes piercing through Taehyung's confused one.

"They're not humans."

"W-what?" Taehyung stammered as he took a glance at Yoongi, his gun still aiming at the direction where an enemy could possibly appear.

"I think they're robots. Seems like that mad scientist got dead bodies then implanted them with chips and gadgets inside their bodies so he could control them the way he wants."

"Tae~ Taehyungie, please!" Jimin continued to plead but Taehyung just stared at him.

"Please keep an eye on him." He heard what the doctor has said to Jin after the blood transfusion.

Taehyung creased his forehead, trying to find something in his bestfriend's pleading eyes.

"Come here, little pup~" Taehyung sang as he played with Cloud. He giggled, ruffling the puppy's head.
He then turned to the door when someone came in, revealing Jimin.

Taehyung almost flinched at how Cloud suddenly growled whilst he hopped off his lap, running towards Jimin.

Cloud almost bit him but Taehyung was quick enough to run after him and pull him away, but the puppy never stopped on barking.

"He really hates me." Jimin pouted and Taehyung chuckled awkwardly, scratching his head.

The brunette stopped for a bit when his phone rang. Sliding his finger across the screen, he then read that it was Jin who texted him, telling him to go back to the field and take an exam.

He turned back to Jimin and passed Cloud in his arms in a hurry before dashing off the room. Hours after when he saw Jungkook walking down the hallways with his crossed brows, his jaw tensed.

"Hey, Kook." Taehyung called him out and Jungkook turned to him with the same expression. Recognizing who it was, he then sighed and calmed himself. "You seem upset. What happened?"

"Someone bullied Cloud. I need to see the recorded video of the security cameras and know who is it- By that way, Y/N told me it was you whom she left Cloud to take care of." He eyed him suspiciously and Taehyung defended himself by shaking his head and hands.

"Yes, it was me but-" He stopped, thinking the possibilities that Jimin might be the one that Jungkook was saying, considering at how Cloud never stopped barking on him.