6

I first had Writing class. Tamara and I sat next to each other but didn't say a word. I felt bad but couldn't do anything about it. Mr. Styles explained about the due of the life goal project and the new one coming up. The new one was in his eyes "better than any other projects he had ever given his students" Yeah right.

I decided to just work on the new one, write a fairytale which hasn't been written yet.

I had no inspiration. Mr. Styles saw me thinking and walked over to me.

"I read your life goal. Can you come out the class for a second?" I wondered if it was wrong or weird or bad. I really didn't want a bad grade. But I knew it wasn't about my no inspiration for the new project that was clear.

I stood up as he grabbed the page from his desk with my words written on it and walked towards the door. I followed him and he closed the door behind him. I was slightly shaking.

"Look, I just want to tell you Emmy, that you are not overweight. You are not the ugly friend and you shouldn't look up at Tamara that much. That's all I have to say, all I can say. It's your life Emmy but you need to stop fooling yourself before it is becoming worse." He spoke, I kept quiet. I looked at him as he shrugged at me.

"Wait." He mumbled to me he opened the door for a second. It was not really getting to me, I was the ugly friend and I was chubby so he shouldn't pretend I'm not. The class was as non quiet as usual.

"Tamara!" He called Tamara over who stood up and went to the door. She stood next to me but I couldn't even look at her. I noticed she was shaking too. She was starting to peel off the bright pink nail polish on her nails.

"Emmy is Tamara allowed to read your work?" He asked me, I wondered why but I then remembered how much T actually meant to me.

"Tamara is Emmy allowed to read your work?"

We both looked at each other and nodded as mr. Styles handed me Tamara's work.

"Keep them." He then said.

My life goal by Tamara

I want to stop looking at Emmy and think. "Wow I want to be like her."

I'm so done with that, she's so perfect so secure so strong. -

I couldn't continue reading her work. My eyes were filled with tears as I read the same words over and over.

I want to be like her.

I turned to Tamara who was also in tears. I hugged her tightly.

"Thanks mister Styles." We both mumbled at the same time.

"It's okay, I hope I helped. Now go you're allowed to go have lunch earlier."

I just couldn't believe someone like her wanted to be like someone as me.

I gave her project back and she gave mine too. I stuck it in my binder.

We left the class. We grabbed our bags and walked to the girl's toilets. I kept thinking about the way Michael had looked at me that morning. He looked so happy to see me. It made me smile. His morning hair was so messy and cute and green.

"Why are you smiling?" Tamara asked who was busy fixing her make up. I just sat on the bathroom counter watching her.

"It's him isn't it?" She mumbled softly. I nodded at her.

"Sorry I was so hard on you and Michael yesterday, it's not your fault."

"It's okay T. I'm sorry I left you alone."