Chapter 7!!!

~Emily’s POV~

Maia and I went to Kia’s house to go on Kia’s swimming pool and watch a movie. After we’re done watching ‘Curse of Chucky’, we decided to watch ’21 & Over’. During the movie, we heard a noise from the master bedroom. We looked at each other, grab a knife from the kitchen, and head up to the room. Three of us were holding a knife, just in case. As we got closer to the room, we heard a stomping sound. We all looked at each other, with a terrified look at our face. I mean, who wouldn’t be. We kept walking closer to the room quietly, and when we’re almost there, the door opened.

“AHHHHHH!!!” we all screamed, and a take out a relief sigh.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Why didn’t you just knock on the front door?” I asked.

“Sorry. My parents were looking for me, and they were at the front. So I can’t really go on your front door,” James explained.

“What about the back door?” Maia asked. “Wait. They don’t have a back door.”

We all laughed for a little bit and went back to the living room.

“Aren’t you supposed to go camping today?” Kia asked.

“Yeah but I ran off,” he replied. “I don’t like camping, and I want to hang out with you before you leave to Toronto.” He looked back at Kia. I can see that she’s blushing and speechless but she just smiled at him.

“I think were gonna go,” Maia said, winking at me. “Yeah, I think we should,” I said back, now winking at Kia. She giggled and she led us to the door. “Have a good time, honey,” I said. “But not too much fun,” Maia added. We all giggled and say goodbye to each other. As soon as we started walking, James mother came at us.

“Hey,” James mom said.

“Hi Mrs. Smith,” me and Maia said back.

“Have you seen James, anywhere?” she asked.

“No we haven’t, Mrs. Smith,” I replied.

“Thanks. Call me if you saw him, okay?” she said, worried.

“Of course I would. But I don’t have your number,” I replied. We exchange numbers, and left. A while later, when we were in the other block, I texted James that his mom was looking for him and she wanted us to text her when we saw him. So I told him to stay at Kia’s house and I’ll tell his mom that he was there. He agrees, but he told me to tell his mom that he just got there.

~KIA’s POV~

After Emily and Maia left, Trevor and I decided to watch the movie called ‘Divergent’. During the movie, James got a text from Emily, about his mom asking them where he is. Well I guess his staying here for a while.

2 hours later, the movie was finished so we talked for about 20 minutes on the couch. We got bored so we went to the pool. Good thing that his mom is nowhere in sight. We went to the pool, and just have fun. Then suddenly I got a text.

~Trevor’s POV~

I had a great time at my first date with Karlie today, she said that too. I was so glad that she said yes when I asked her to go on a date with me, for the first time. That’s the first time, I asked a girl to go on a date with me. I was too shy to ask a girl because I don’t want to get rejected, but when I did, she said yes. Woohoo!! I kept smiling until I got home. When I got inside no one was home, I keep yelling Kia’s name as loud as I can but no one was answering, so I just texted here.

Trevor: Where are you?

Kia: I’m at the pool.

Trevor: Get inside its getting dark and cold out.

As soon as she got inside, someone was following her. It’s James. I turned my happy face down into a frown. Kia went upstairs to get changed, and James went to the bathroom on the main floor to changed, also. I waited for James to come out and when he opened the door, he jumped 1 inched high.

“Hi,” he said with a relief sigh.

“Do you like my sister?” I asked, quickly. “And hi to you too.”

“No I don’t like her,” he replied with a straight face even though I can see that his blushing. “And if I do, she’s not gonna feel the same way as I feel about her.”

“Do you have feelings for here?” I said, keeping my anger down.

“A little bit,” he replied, looking down at the floor. “But I don’t feel like asking her out,”

“Why not?” I asked, confused.

“We were talking at the pool earlier, and she said that she only like me as a friend,” he replied back, still staring down at the floor.

“Sorry,” is all I could say. “It’s not your fault,” he said, looking back at me. We sat on the couch then suddenly his phone buzzed. “Umm…. I have to go. My mom is waiting for me outside. Thank you.” I led him to the door. As soon as he left, Kia came down the stairs.

“Where is he?” is the first thing she asked me.

“He went home, his mom is waiting for him outside,” I replied. She nodded.

“What do you want for dinner?” I asked. “Mom said that they were going to be late.”

“Let’s go at A&W,” she replied.

We drove at A&W without speaking to each other, we ordered, and eat.

“What did you do today?” I asked her.

“Watch movie with Maia and Emily, then James came and we went to the pool,” she replied.

“How was your first date?" she asked me.

“It was amazing,” I replied back, smiling.

“Are you guys a thing now?” she asked again.

I laughed a little bit but she just looked at me with a serious face. “No,” I replied.

“Let me just tell you, you two make the cutest couple,” she said, smiling. I smiled back and started eating. When we were finished, we went home and watched a movie called ‘Epic’. After the movie, Kia fall asleep on the end of the couch, so I got up and put a blanket on her to keep her warm. I would put her on her bedroom but she’s too heavy so I just let her sleep on the couch. I waited for mom so I can go to sleep. When dad got home, he picked up Kia and put her on her bedroom. I guess her childhood is not done yet I thought to myself, and went to sleep.