CHAPTER 22

I looked at myself in the mirror for the millionth time. If only Mom was here to see me today. I was in an A-line cream dress. They even had emerald stilettos and a bouquet prepared for me. I twirled with it in my hands and wiped my tears.

"Not you and your tears again," Nobuhle said behind me. I turned around. She screamed and clapped her hands. "Oh my God Enhle you look ... AMAZING!" she said touching my dress and then her cheeks. "Wow!'' she exclaimed. "Oh my God babe, you're stunning," she said fanning herself. We shared a hug and she looked at me with amazement.

"Let's go. They are waiting for us," she said fixing pearl pins on my head. She then held the trail of my dress and we walked out. I was going to marry Ndumiso, Serpent ... Although the circumstances weren't in my favour, I was still marrying the man I love.

We reached the stairs. I sighed and went down. The guards escorted us to the car. We got in and they drove off. "God, let Your will be done," I said looking out the window. We arrived at church and got out of the car. I found my dad already waiting for me in the entrance. Nobuhle kissed my cheek and left me with him.

"The spitting image of Buhlebendalo," he said sniffing. "You ... you ... you look beautiful MaMthembu," he said wiping a tear. I hugged him. We broke the hug and he held both my hands.

"Are you ready?" he asked. I looked at him and didn't respond. Yes, I wanted to marry Ndumiso but not like this. I wanted a happy wedding, not a rushed one.

"No I'm not"

"You have to do it Samkelo"

"What about Mlungisi?"

"What about him? This is your day," he said poking my chest. If this really was my day, I'd be happy. I looked around and suddenly felt uneasy. The atmosphere spelt tragedy.

"Uhm ... we aren't divorced"

"Lubongwe will sort that out," he responded. I looked around again. My heart started beating fast. No cars or people were approaching but ... something felt wrong. I looked at HIM and dropped the bomb. "I need a gun," I said. He looked at me and shook his head. "This is not war. It's a wedding," he later responded. "Can you just do this for me, please" I begged. "Ntandwenhle I won't give you a gun," he replied.

"Dad are you carrying?" I asked looking at him. I was nervous. My hands were now shaking. Something was wrong ....

"We're waiting for you," Stitch said walking towards us. He was also dressed in emerald.

"Stitch I need a gun," I said. He looked at me and then at Dad. He took one in his waist and gave it to me. I tucked it in my garter and fixed my dress. I smiled at him and we let his rush in. I looked at Dad, held his hand and went, "I love him Dad, I certainly do but I won't let his ex-wife kill me or my children".

"You're HER. I crown you HER," he said as we made our way to the passage. We both laughed. The wedding song began, at that point the doors flung open.

They had hired a big church. It was also decorated in emerald and cream. Even the carpet I walked in was emerald with cream petals on. At the back were our colleagues from the hospital.

Singh had a sari on. On someone's wedding day ... a sari, really? Pretty waved at me. She was pregnant. I laughed and then carried on walking in.

"Treat him well, at all times," my dad said in his clenched teeth. I nodded and carried walking in. I saw Mlungisi at the back. Why the fuck he came, I had no idea. Sthabile and Aphile waved at me. I winked and walked further down. And then there he was ...