CHAPTER 12

"Are you going to offer me a drink or not?" he asked walking towards me. I looked at him startled. The only thing that was on my mind was the emergency buzzer under the sink. I took a step back.

"What? You thought you were done with me?" he asked taking a needle from his pocket.

"Help!" I yelled out. He laughed at me and I ran to the lounge to exit through the back door. He ran after me and jumped on the sofa. I looked around and my eyes landed on the vase. I hit him with it and he ducked. He jumped off and came straight to me. I grabbed the dog sculpture and threw it at his hand. The needle swayed. I went around the couches, making my way to the kitchen. He kicked me so hard I fell. I stood up and stumbled for a few seconds. After regaining my posture, I aimed for his balls and struck them with my foot. He knelt in defeat and yelled. He held my ankle when I was about to run. I shook my foot, but he held on tighter. He took out another needle and moved his upper body towards me. I shook my foot, but he wasn't willing to let go. I shook myself harder and the needle dropped from his hand. He crawled towards it with his hand still on my ankle. I quaked myself even more. He took out yet another needle from his pocket.

"So, you can fight?" he asked smiling.

"HELP," I cried out. He sat up and pulled me down to him. I was now in tears. He held my wrists and managed to strike the needle on my neck.

"H ... hel- ," I tried speaking. I instantly felt myself losing control over my body. He pulled me to him and placed my head on his chest. He then removed the braids from my face and ran his filthy hands on my face. My vision was hazy. The last thing I remember is Menzi walking to the kitchen.

I woke up exhausted. My head felt heavy and so did my body. I opened my eyes and looked around. I trembled when I saw myself in their basement again. Menzi walked in with Nokwanda.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? You're even sleeping in my house!?" she asked slapping me. I looked away, holding in the tears. She squeezed my chin and pulled me to her. "You're going to pay for this," she said sinking her artificial nails on my skin. She let go and wore an overall.

"Why don't you just let her go? She's not even worth the pain sis. Look at it this way, with her back with Ndumiso, they'll get a chance to play happy family and forget about you. While you on the hand, you can continue doing business with Mlungisi since Ndumiso wants nothing to do with you," he said and looked at his phone.

"Mlungisi?" I asked with my eyebrows raised. They both looked at me.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you said you know him. Going after rich married men seems to be your style," Nokwanda said giving me a side smile. She then walked over to Menzi. "I get you but if I let her go, Ndumiso will come after me," she continued.

"Are you going to tell Ndumiso we came for you?" Menzi asked looking at me. I'm no criminal but I could now see that they're not the type to make you have sleepless nights. Had they wanted to kill me, there wouldn't have been any of this small talk. I looked at Nokwanda who was doing 'business' with Mlungisi.

"Are you?" she asked walking towards me. At that moment I wanted to laugh, like really laugh but I held it in.

"What's Mlungisi's surname?" I asked.

"That's not for you to know. Are you going to-?" Nokwanda asked.

"You might as well kill me and watch Ndumiso avenge for my death then," I had said looking straight into her eyes. She looked at me and went, "On second thoughts, I think this bitch deserve-,"

"Nokwanda she's right. We can't kill her," Menzi jumped in. She paced in the room with her hand over her hip. Damn she was ugly.

"Fuck you!" she said as she slapped me. I smiled at her. "Arrrrr!" she cried again. She scratched her head and Menzi embraced her. "Nokwanda why don't you go rest?" he suggested.