CHAPTER 13

I felt the blanket being removed from my body. I flinched and looked around.

"It's training week," Ndumiso said and blew a whistle. I was half-asleep. I took a pillow and placed it over my head. His whistle was making a very sharp noise. The kind that leaves you dizzy.

"If you don't wake up in 3 seconds, I'll double your workout time!" he said and blew the whistle again. I ignored him.

"Oooone!"

"Twoooo!"

"Threeee!" he shouted. I laid there in bed. He pulled me by my legs and I landed on the floor. I was now wide awake. I looked at him angry. I stood up and folded my hands.

"Go take a shower. I'm giving you 20 minutes," he said blowing the whistle again. I made my way to the bathroom mumbling. He laughed and carried on blowing his whistle. I undressed and walked in the shower. I switched hot water on then went under the shower head. I felt cold water striking my warm bare back and jumped.

"Ahhhhh Ndumiso!" I screamed.

"Yes my love"

"Why isn't there any hot water?"

"We're going green babe!" he shouted from the bedroom. I showered still mumbling. I took the shortest shower ever. I wrapped a towel around my body and walked in the bedroom still shivering. Ndumiso looked at me and went, "I said shower not wash your hands" I ignored him and applied lotion on my body.

"Dress for comfort," he said making the bed. I went to the closet and took a pair of leggings and a sports bra. I walked over to the bedroom and dressed. Ndumiso was seated on the bed.

"I'm done," I said standing beside him.

"Good. Now go make breakfast," he said getting hold of his phone. I looked at him in disbelief. He was now testing my waters. I could hear him laughing. I clicked my tongue and went to my bedside. I took my phone and sat on the bed too.

"3 am Ndumiso, really!?"

"Because you don't want to eat, let's get on it," he said taking my phone from my hand. He placed it down and we walked out. I looked at him and he was wearing those male gym leggings and an oversized vest showing his muscles. He took my hand and we stood in the stairs. I went down the first one and he grabbed my hand.

"10 minutes on these. You're warming up," he said as he walked down. I looked at him as he went down. I put my hand over my hip and looked away. He carried the couch and placed it by the stairs. I He took his phone out, did something for a bit and then placed it down.

"Nooooow!" he said and blew his whistle. I jogged down the stairs. The first go was easy. I went up easily, until I was in the middle. I stopped to catch my breath.

"Carry on like this and we'll stop at 05h00," he said behind me. "Go ... Go ... Go!" he said clapping his hands. I took a deep breath and went up. I reached the top and looked at the stairs again.

"Now Enhle! Go! Go! Go!" he shouted. I ran down and up ... down and up ... down and up ... down and up until his phone rang.

"Well done. 20 minutes exhausted," he said switching it off. I placed my hand over my hip and wiped the sweat on my face. He had even set a timer.

"What's next?"

"Now we learn how to handle a gun," he responded. I sighed. At least that's not tiring. I looked at him and he was enjoying this. He was even whistling as he walked up the stairs. We walked in one of the guest rooms and he closed the door. He went to the wall with a painting, removed it, and then entered a passcode. A blue UV light scanned his face. A minute later, a green one shone on the bedroom.