CHAPTER 15

I limped all the way to the elevator and I have to say, it wasn't easy at all. I had to hold on to the walls and every bench I could get myself too, but I finally made it. I had left Mlungisi in my ward, screaming for nurses to stop me.

The elevator stopped at the ground floor and I walked out. It was as if I had cramps. My right leg was inflexible. I had to support it with both my arms. I reached the reception and met the forever bubbly Pretty who just stood up and embraced me. It was a friendly hug, but it got me emotional. I couldn't let go of her. I think she noticed because she kept on telling me that it's going to be okay. After some time of me greeting her with my tears, I asked her to call a cab for me. She even offered paying and I let her. Lord knows what she'll tell our colleagues!

The cab arrived, and I limped all my way to it. The driver was angry at me for taking too long and I didn't mind him. I had more important things to worry about, my missing kids.

He dropped me off at Ndumiso's house and I got off. I greeted the two guards at the gate and they opened for me. There were two on the kitchen entrance and they did a mini-bow, like they did the other night.

I was welcomed by empty bottles of liquor in the kitchen. You'd swear there was some sort of house party. I walked past the living room and there was noise there. I walked back to see who was there. And if it were Ndumiso, I was going to hike on him and strangle him to death. Well, it was Stitch, a couple of guys and a few girls cosy in the couch watching soccer. I had my hand over my hip, looked at him and said nothing. The coffee table had popcorn and more malt.

"Uhm ... guys," he said looking at them.

"Yeah ... yeah ... we need to dash," one of the dudes replied. Those skanks picked their tiny asses up and walked out, not even looking at me. Still in pain, I marched straight to him and he jumped over the coffee table and stood behind one of the couches.

"I'm sorry Madam Boss," he begged.

"Nya nyonyi nyenyeny boss wamasimba!" I roared. I grabbed a cushion and threw it to him. He ducked and stood up afterwards.

"I'm sorry Mam, it will never happen again I promise," he said with his hands over his head.

"You are busy entertaining hoes while my kids are missing," I said limping towards him. He stood frozen.

"Uhm ..."

"Uhm what!?" I yelled now crying. I threw punches at him and he just hugged me.

"I'm sorry Mam," he said within the hug. I composed myself and backed away. I looked at him, straight into his eyes. His eyes wondered and I pulled his face to face me.

"You're sorry?" I asked.

"Yes Mam," he replied quickly.

"I'll forgive you, on one condition ..."

"Anything Madam Boss ... anything at all,"

"Firstly, stop calling me Madam Boss," I said not smiling at all. He nodded.

"Secondly, tonight, you'll take me to HIM," I said still fixing me eyes on his. His eyes were all out. He opened his mouth to say something and I interrupted him.

"I don't want excuses. It's my kids we're talking about here and I'll do anything to have them back, anything,"

"But Mam Serpent didn't-"

"Are you going to tell Serpent?" I asked still looking at him. Stitch is taller than me and trying to look up while angry can be kind of not intimidating but I wasn't backing down. These are my lives we're talking about. They might as well kill me too.