Why had he done it? Why had things turned out this way? Had it been the transformation making him delirious? Had it been because of a weird, unknown side effect of me biting him?

There had to be a logical reason for it, because a man like him couldn't be gay, and even if he was he wouldn't have kissed me of his own free will. He hated my guts with every fiber of his being, hell, he'd made that more clear than anything else I knew about him, multiple times.

I let out a soft sigh, raising a hand to scratch an itch on my forehead.

I felt wrinkles there from the perpetual frown lacing my features.

Maybe he's sexually repressed or something, I eventually reasoned, thinking about it; then I shook my head, since it wouldn't have made sense. No, he's got other werewolves here who obviously respect and maybe even admire the hell out of him. Not to mention, most of them are pretty good looking... and Sebastian himself is hot enough to have anyone he wants, so, why?

That was the question.

Why me?

Why kiss little old girly-faced me?

Better yet, why hadn't he left the room before his transformation? What had even led him to coming in at the last possible second? I'd thought about that again and again, continuously replaying the situation in my head, but no matter how many times I went back I knew it had been only a few minutes after I'd bitten him that he'd changed because of the full moon, which could only mean he'd either intentionally waited or hadn't been expecting to be in here so long.

I finally turned my head and looked at Sebastian, frustrated by my lack of answers.

Two glowing yellow eyes were already staring right back at me, the only true source of light in the darkness of the room. His gaze was disturbing, because even though he lay with his head resting on those massive chocolate-brown paws, he'd refused to look away from me even once.

I saw his ears swivel and heard a soft huff, but aside from that he didn't move.

"You're a confusing person," I muttered, and in a fit of whimsy, I stuck my tongue out at him; a blink and a low growl followed the action, but I simply scowled at him accusingly. "This whole time my head's been stuck on that kiss you gave me. I can't figure out why you did it."

His head rose and my heart leapt involuntarily since the look in those eyes intensified... or maybe it was the luminescent quality that did. Either way, his stare became more noticeable, which made me highly uncomfortable, but I pushed past it and finally sat up.

Hair fell across my face, but I pushed it back and hooked it behind my ear.

"I know you hate me," I said, and those eyes narrowed a fraction, "and to be honest, compared to the people around you, I'm nothing special looks-wise, so I can't think of a single reason why you'd kiss me like that. So, I've finally decided to assume you simply lost total control of yourself during your transformation and did something you never intended to."

The wolf's eyes narrowed into glowing slits.

My breath caught when he rose, massive body looming in the dark, and I quickly pushed myself backward across the mattress as he padded towards me, eyes fixed on my face. I was soon met with the wall, though, so I slid over to the corner and huddled down with my back against it.

He halted directly in front of me with those narrow eyes glaring.

I felt my pulse racing, beating against my chest like a drum as he came closer--