Chapter 10: LAAATE!

🎶To much light in my window...don't wake me up...🎶

CHAPTER 10

(BROOKES POV) "WAAAAKE UPPPP! Oh my god Brooke you sleep like a f*cking rock!" Gemma's voice blasted into my ear. "HOLY CRAP Gemma you scared the sh*t out of me!" I complained, limply throwing a pillow in her general direction. "Whatever. Your shift at the bakery starts in 5 minutes, by the way." Gemma reminded me nonchalantly. "SH*T!" I swore, jumping out of my sleeping bag to hastily stuff it into my duffel bag. Grabbing a change of clothes I ran to the bathroom and flung them on, before quickly applying some makeup. Flinging whatever possessions I had brought into my duffel bag, I slung it over my shoulder and ran out the door, hollering behind me, "Thank you so much Gemma! And thanks Harry for the Dinner it was totally amazing! Awesome night!" sprinting around the corner, I deposited my duffel bag in my house. My parents were on a holiday, a huge trip across the world with a bunch of family friends, so basically my younger sister, older brother and I had the house to ourselves. Shouting a greeting and then a farewell to my siblings, I grabbed my bike and rode straight to the bakery. I never bothered to get a drivers license, because I could always bike wherever I needed to go. Huffing and puffing, I swung open the bakery door and apologised rapidly to the little old lady who runs it. "Just work the cash register, dear. It's fine, no one has come yet." She told me kindly, steering me to the cash register. I gave her a smile and took a seat, ready for customers to arrive. I had been working for 2 hours when a familiar face walked through the door. "Oh, hi." I greeted Harry, trying to be nonchalant. But inside, my heart was racing.