Chapter 16: Gutter Balls

🎶Cuz you got me flying...with your love, shining....with your love, I feel like I'm on top of the world, with your love🎶

CHAPTER 16

(BROOKE'S POV) "What the f*ck? Another freaking gutter ball?" I moaned. "Haha, not so keen to play now are you, miss Brooke?" Harry joked, and I stuck my tongue out at him playfully. "Whatever, Haz. Just take your turn." I grumped, watching as he made another perfect strike. "F*ck you." I insulted, making him laugh. "I'll help you, if you want." he offered, and I decided to put my two years of drama club to work. I gasped dramatically, pointing an accusing finger at him, eyes wide. "Sabotage." I whispered, but I could barely hold my straight face for two seconds before I collapsed in laughter. Harry rolled his eyes at me and helped me anyway. He wrapped his arms around me from behind, his hands covering mine as to guild the bowling ball. Onlookers could've assumed we were boyfriend and girlfriend, judging from the sheer closeness between us. "So, basically...you, erm....you take one hand back like this..." he explained slowly, but he seemed distracted. "What?" I asked, and his eyes flashed to mine. "Oh, uhmmm...nothing." he stuttered. "Okay. Just help me win already." I said, smiling a little. he grinned, biting his lip as he guided my hands and gave me a perfect strike. "YESSSS! Thank you sooo much Haz!" I cried, hugging him tightly. He looked shocked for a second, before giving In and hugging me back. I looked up into his eyes, and I realized he had been biting his lip the whole time. I noticed his gaze flick down to my lips. He wouldn't...he wouldn't want to kiss me. No...it's my imagination. Before I could fully convince myself of that, Harry's lips were on mine, pressing into a soft, sweet kiss. It wasn't nearly long enough for my taste, but when he pulled away I saw a goofy smile on his face. I was pretty sure I had the exact same expression at the moment. Yup...I'd fallen for him. I'd fallen pretty damn hard too.