→ nine

SUMMER CAMP!

"we're going boating! remember to have your life jacket on right." maddie smiled.

"i will be pairing you guys up." maddie looked down at her clipboard.

"johnny and emily, carson and kenzie, hayden and lauren, joey and annie. okay, put your life jackets on now. chop chop." maddie flipped to another page of her clipboard.

johnny and emily started to slowly paddle across the water.

"so john, where are you from?" emily asked.

"canada. moved to la." johnny straightforwardly answered.

"oh. nice to know." emily responded.

"any girl you like?" just like what avery did, emily wiggled her eyebrows.

"no." johnny lied.

"yeah right, i bet you like kenzzzzzz" emily smirked. "i don't-"

"JOHNNY! EMILY HELP!" carson yelled out suddenly. johnny and emily looked there direction and saw kenzie struggling in the water.

"what the fuck! did she not put her life jacket on right?" johnny questioned and started to paddle faster.

"johnny, i don't care! this boat will flip over! just get kenzie out the water!" carson complained.

johnny put his paddle inside the boat and jumped into the lake.

emily paddled towards carson and kenzie's boat.

johnny swiftly swam towards kenzie and got her back into her boat.

"thanks." kenzie wiped the water off her face.

"no problem." johnny jumped back into his and emily's boat.

"you guys don't pay attention." emily shook her head in disbelief.

"kenzie was the one who kept moving the boat side to side! that's why she fell in!" carson argued with emily.

johnny ran his fingers through his wet hair, kenzie watched him do that and immediately blushed when he looked up at her.

looking away she grabbed onto her paddle again and put it back into the water.

"can you two stop fighting like you guys are married or some shit? our time is almost up!" johnny groaned.

"sorry." emily responded and rolled her eyes at carson.

"you're very annoying, skinner." carson rolled his eyes.

"you're more annoying, lueders!" emily fought back.

"johnny told you two to be quiet. why didn't you listen?" kenzie furrowed her eyebrows.

"okay jenzie. we'll listen." emily started to paddle away from kenzie and carson.

"time to roast some marshmallows!" maddie annouced, looking at all of the teenagers.

"here you go," maddie passed out sticks.

johnny stayed silent once more and got a marshmallow. "carson, stop!" emily said out loud, practically begging.

"okay, i'm positive you two are married. you guys keep fighting like a couple!" joey joked and watched the two.

"not true, emily's just being over dramatic." carson denied and continued to annoy emily.

while everyone was talking, johnny finished his s'more and peacefully sat down on a log. going onto his phone he started to play some games.

"alright everyone, please finish up and head back to your cabins." maddie returned from wherever she went and asked the teenagers.

maddie then walked away once again.

"i'm heading off." johnny stretched his arms out and put his phone in his back pocket.

"night." johnny said to all of them.

"but it's so early, john." annie gave a confused look.

"like i care," he went inside his cabin, took off his gucci flip flops and laid down on the bottom bunk.

ily all xoxo