"What's wrong with you?" he hissed, irises flitting across my face. "You don't smell of sickness, or even injury, so why were you unconscious? Why can't you move?"

It took me a moment of fuzzy mental processing to digest his question. I tried to speak, to tell him that I needed blood and needed it immediately, but all that came out was a croak. His face contorted with something so dark that I felt a chill seep through me, despite how thirsty I was.

Blood, I wanted to cry. I need blood! Please!

Without warning, his face shifted into a look of disgust and he dropped me. I don't even remember hitting the mattress. I assume the fall, minuscule as it was, knocked me unconscious since I came to what felt like only seconds later with Sebastian holding my face between both of his hands and staring at me intently, brow knitted with confusion and anger.

His mouth moved, but I heard nothing, just a strange rushing roar and a thin ringing.

I blinked, and blinked again, wondering if I'd gone deaf since his face darkened again and his mouth moved a little more precisely. When it stopped moving, he paused, staring at me as if he expected a response, but when I failed to give him one he let go of me. My head rolled bonelessly to the side. I saw the floor, saw his jeans, the golden teeth of his zipper and the shiny button.

His pockets as he leaned closer.

A searing pain smashed into my throat, but I couldn't even flinch under the pressure; it was like being cut, sliced, stabbed, it dug into my jugular and I wondered absently if he was actually murdering me for being difficult, but my consciousness didn't fade despite the pain.

I heard something, then, below the cotton muffling my ears.

"You need to tell me what's happening to you!"

I struggled to work my mouth, fought against my weakness, and moaned lowly, unable to do much else. The pain on my neck lifted, and I breathed in relief, throat dry and ragged. I needed to tell him before it was too late. I wouldn't be able to deal with it. My body was slicked with sweat and every move I made was punctuated by a fevered tremble, which sent stars into my skull.

I somehow unglued my tongue.

Lips parted.

I wheezed out, fighting to enunciate my need, fighting to communicate.

Silence filled my ringing ears, until I heard a low, "what did you just say?"

I mentally screamed in frustration, took another deep breath, and wheezed, "blood..."

I heard a snarl of anger, but it disappeared as quickly as it came. I drifted into a strange haze, then, and fell into what I assume was the beginnings of either sleep or unconsciousness, but before I could completely fade out a searing agony tore beneath my shoulders.

I let out a wail that came out like a whisper of air as I was pulled upright, head lolling limply until it was swung forward. My lips suddenly burned as if they were being held against a cherry red stove top, and I would have burst into tears had I the energy to do so.

Heck, even without the energy I started to until I heard, "bite me."

Confusion filled me, barely felt beneath the intensity of what was happening with my body - AKA, Armageddon - and I didn't move until an intense pressure crushed my head from behind and forced my lips to burn even harder.

What's happening? I hazily wondered, trying to see through the fog. What is this?

"I said," Sebastian growled, directly into my left ear, "bite me. Now."