Denied Attraction Chapter 24

Author's Note.

This is my last chapter. NO VAMPIRES EMAN!

-Moncheto

I slammed the locker door shut as I balanced my physics books and cup of coffee with one hand. I was running extra late for class today that I just prayed the teacher would let me off with a warning. It was the third time this week that I was running late that I knew I was bound to get detention for a month. Our school had recently become strict with their rules.

I had spent over a week with the Sanchez family, living in their house once again. My house has been going through some renovations after everything that happened with Joel and his crew. Almost all my doors were destroyed and the staircase was unstable. I checked in on the builders on my way to school today, after dropping Tommy off first, and was told that I could move in tonight. Hence why I was running late and decided on a cheap cup of coffee from the corner shop from across the school to boost my energy up.

I stepped into the classroom and was greeted by wide grins from Carl, Rafael and of course Julio. I couldn't help but return their smiles with a large one of my own.

"Take your seat, Miss Jordan," my teacher said, giving me a stern look.

I nodded and practically ran to my seat beside Julio. He placed his hand lightly on my bare thigh and drew small circles on my knee with his finger. I placed my hand on top of his, stopping his motion, and gave it a squeeze. I loved the feel of his hands. They were soft and rough at the same time.

"Why were you so late?" he asked me quietly.

I leaned in closer to him.

"I was checking on the house. Turns out I can move in tonight," I whispered into his ear.

He placed his hand on the back of my neck and pulled me in even closer, planting a light kiss on my cheek. I smiled and turned to face him, not realizing just how close our faces were.

As eager as I was to get back to my house, I didn't want to be so far away from Julio. While I crashed at the Sanchez household, I shared the bed with Tommy. Sometimes during the night though, I would go and cuddle up next to Julio in his bed in need of the protection he provided me with. I had the time of my life there. Santana and I bonded even more and Maria attempted to teach me how to cook some Mexican meals.

"We would appreciate it if you kept your affections out of my classroom Mr Sanchez and Miss Jordan," our teacher spoke out, bringing me back to reality.

I pulled back, blushing as Julio's two friends snickered and all eyes were focused on us. Julio had a smirk on his face that drew me in even more. I forced my attention down to my books and smiled a secret smile.

~~

I walked with Julio, Rafael and Carl towards the cafeteria. We were all running a little late for lunch. As we approached the doors, we were halted by a police officer. The four of us looked at the man in uniform with confused and slightly afraid expressions.

My mind jumped from one conclusion to the next. Had Joel escaped? Had he found a way to send more people after me? Had something happened to Tommy or Maria?

"I would like to speak to you, if that's alright," he said, addressing us all.

He stood a few feet taller than I was with a slim build. Under his hat, there was short red hair and with that, green eyes accompanied it.

We all nodded in unison and followed the officer as he walked out of the building towards a cop car. We exchanged worried glances before the door of the car opened. Out stepped Alex. He was all beaten up. His left eye was swollen and his lip had dry blood on it.

"Alex, man, what happened?" Carl asked, walking over to him.

I saw his right eye begin to tear up as he slammed the car door shut. I jumped at his sudden burst of anger. Julio went over to him and took hold of his shoulder.

"Tell me what happened," he demanded.

Alex looked to all of us one by one and then back to Julio.

"It's Hector. They killed him," he sobbed out.

I wasn't used to seeing a guy cry and would have thought more about it if I didn't start crying as well. Who would kill Hector?

~~

I walked towards the office to sign out early for the day. I was too exhausted and just wanted to get home and relax before I had to grab Tommy from school.

I had finished crying a mere five minutes ago and left the boys to grieve on their own. Hector was a sweet guy who made me laugh a lot of the time when I began to hang around with the group. He was always picked on for his height and the fact that his mother was so protective of his innocence, that she'd ground him if he even as so much as looked at a girl the wrong way.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts of Hector's death that I didn't even realize someone was walking out of the office until I ran straight into them, causing me to drop the one book I was holding.

As I bent to pick it up, a tan and firm hand reached out quickly. I looked up into dark hazel eyes. There was a small smile on that face as I took the book from his hand and stood, studying him. He was tall and built perfectly. He had brown hair up to his chin and a defined jaw. He wore a tight fitting black shirt that showed off all his muscles with jeans that sat ideally on his body.

"Hello," he began. "I'm Dimitri."