Denied Attraction Chapter 13

I opened my eyes, and realized Carter wasn't on top of me anymore. Sitting up, a bit too quickly, I saw Carl, Julio's friend coming over to me. I gave him a confused look as he bent down in front of me. My vision was slightly blurred from the tears and the room felt like it was spinning from the panic that had risen in my chest.

"Amelia, are you alright?" he asked me, concern weaving its way into his voice.

I nodded slightly and stood uneasily. Carl stood up with me and held onto my arm for support. I used the back of my hand and wiped the tears from my eyes, making my vision a lot clearer. I guess now I felt a little bit calmer because I wasn't in any immediate danger. I actually trusted Carl for some strange reason. I smiled thankfully at him and was about to say something when I heard a choked sound.

"Get her out of here," a voice said from behind me.

I froze. Julio. It was Julio. I turned around and saw him holding Carter by the throat against the wall. Anger shined in his eyes as the muscles in his arm flexed. I felt kind of light headed but regained myself. I could tell he had no problem in taking Carter out, but I just didn't want Julio to get mixed up in this. He already had me taking up half his bedroom, he didn't need any more of me in his life.

I pulled myself away from Carl's loose grip and made my way to Julio. He looked at me furiously. I swallowed the scary feeling in my body and maintained eye contact. It really was the scariest thing to have an angry Julio on your hands.

"Julio, let him go. Please. He's not even worth it. I don't want you to get mixed up in this mess. Please," I said, looking him in the eyes.

His eyes didn't show anything but anger. We stayed there staring into each others eyes for what felt like an eternity. Finally without looking away from my eyes, Julio let go of his tight grip and Carter dropped to the floor, attempting to suck in as much air as possible. Before I could say anything, Julio took off.

I looked at Carl, and the two of us practically ran after him, leaving Carter on his own. That pig deserved a good beating, but Julio shouldn't have to waste his time on him.

"Julio," we called at the same time, trying to raise our voices over the booming speakers which now played 'Where have you been' by Rihanna.

He was out the front door in a matter of seconds. Carl and I followed him. Carl however was stopped by someone, I glanced back and gave him a worried look and turned back to him. His helpless look proved to me though that he wasn't going anywhere any time soon. I decided to leave him and continued after Julio on my own.

He was nowhere in the front yard which was now littered with plastic cups and drunk people puking in the bushes. I scrunched my nose in disgust and made my way to the footpath. I could just make out his tense figure in the dark. I slipped out of my heels and holding them in one hand, I ran after Julio.

"Julio! Julio, wait," I called out to him.

He just kept walking, so, running as fast as I could, I caught up to him and grabbed his arm. His skin felt so warm and I felt a little jolt of electricity run through my hand, up my arm and disappear in my chest. His muscles tensed under my light grip.

"What?" he growled, and though his voice was pretty low, it sent shivers up and down my spine. It forced me back a little, until I came into contact with the brick wall behind me. There was a clatter as my shoes slipped from my grip and dropped to the ground. I forced the part of me that was screaming to run into the back of my mind and remained where I was.

Julio turned so that his whole body faced me. It was so dark outside but somehow I could still make out his dark eyes glaring at me. I took a shaky breath and let my hand drop from where it was on his arm.