Denied Attraction Chapter 18

JULIO'S POV

Amelia mumbled her answer that I had to ask again and again. I listened closely as she took in an exasperated breath and mumbled her answer once again. This time, however, I picked up on it. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open that if it wasn't secured to my skull, it no doubt would have fallen to the floor.

"Six billion dollars?" I was close to screaming.

She put her hand to mine, silencing my shock. Her touch sent an electrical feeling throughout my body and held back a small groan that wanted to escape. She must have felt the same thing because she immediately took her hand back as though I had burnt her hand.

"So do you think that's why those people are after me?" Amelia asked quietly.

"It's a great possibility. What else is there to take from you?" I responded.

We fell into silence as she thought things over. The lines on her forehead grew deeper as she obviously struggled to figure something out.

"Is this 'old friend' the boss?" she questioned, taking a seat on my bed.

I thought things over for a bit. It was hard explaining these things to someone who's never been involved in criminal things. She doesn't understand the ranking system, or the jobs that are required.

"No, the boss is only head of this section. There are more bosses. But the 'old friend' is someone I've only heard of. I'm not that high up to be able to actually see and talk to them. He tells everyone what to do, basically, through the bosses. From the information I've been able to gather, everyone's looking for you right now."

Amelia licked her lips and nodded. She fiddled with her hands and so I went to sit next to her. As soon as I sat down though, she stood up.

"I should get to sleep," was all she said before practically running off on me.

~~

AMELIA'S POV

I folded the last top that was on a hanger and placed it inside my suitcase. Tommy had his things packed first so Maria and Santana took him to the park. I was kind of relieved to be left alone to sort out all my things. Half of what I brought was already sorted into bags while the other half lay around the room.

There was a slight knock on the wall. I turned and saw Julio walking in. He wore loose dark jeans and a white singlet top. I swallowed at the sight of his defined muscles and amazing tan. He had only taken a few steps in before stopping and standing there awkwardly.

"You shouldn't go," he said, his voice came out sounding husky.

I put down the dress I held and properly turned to face Julio.

"I have to leave. I've stayed here for too long," I replied hesitantly.

"You can't, Amelia. Not after what you've found out-"

"Especially because of that," I cut in.

Julio's face dropped and emotions appeared and disappeared in his eyes at the speed of light. He went to go speak, but in a few steps, I was in front of him and clasped his hand in mine.

"Julio, me being here puts you all in danger. You've done enough for me. I can't let you get into more trouble. Santana and Maria would be devastated if anything happened to you," I told him quietly.

"They'd be hurt if something happened to you too," he said just as quietly.

I continued to hold his hand as his other hand came up to caress my cheek. His touch sent shivers through my body. I moved away from him, letting his hand drop. He looked disappointed and hurt. But most of all, he looked angry.

"No," was all I said.

"Amelia, you can't deny that you are attracted to me. I can see it in your eyes. You feel the same way. Admit it!" he said.

I looked at him, bewildered and ready to object, which was an automatic reaction.

"Jul-"

He cut me off as he pushed me up against the wall, crushing his lips against mine. If this was one of those edited movies, sparks would be flying right now and fireworks would be exploding in the background. It was just like our first kiss but intensified. He kissed me harder, with more urgency. His lips tasted so sweet that I became even more lost in the kiss. His body was pressed against mine and his arms encircled my waist. I whimpered when he broke the kiss.

"Tell me you didn't feel anything," he said, his voice came out sounding so sexy.

I breathed in, clearing my mind. I needed to distance myself. I've been trying to for so long, but like the weak girl I was, I caved last night. I couldn't let him know how much he meant to me. I had to deny my attraction towards him. I had to lie.

"I didn't feel anything," I whispered, fearing my voice would give me away.

"You're lying," he accused.

"No, I'm not lying Julio."

He pulled away from me, anger clear all over his face and body. He stared at me and I couldn't help but feel trapped. After a few intense seconds, Julio, turned and stormed out of the room. Not long after, I heard the front door slam.

I felt an emptiness settle inside of me as I sat on the edge of the bed.