Denied Attraction Chapter 12

AMELIA'S POV

I stood in front of the mirror on my side of the room. I managed to finish the homework set for me in only a few hours and now I was just about almost ready to go to the party Carter had invited me to.

I sucked in a breath. This was the first party I was going to since my parents. It felt a little off. I always had to beg them to let me go. They never trusted Carter so I had to find someone else to take me every single time.

I wore a red and black dress. The top half was corset like. It had red on the bottom fabric and on top, the black fabric made a floral pattern all around. The bottom half was slightly loose. It was just plain black and had a red ribbon wrapped at the top where it met the corset.

I put my red heels on and let my hair sit in loose curls. Make up was at a minimum. I liked to be as real as possible. I grabbed my phone and everything was set. Looking at the mirror one last time, I made my way to the other side of the divider.

Julio looked up at me, gave me an award winning glare, and looked down again. I sighed. He hasn't said anything to me since physics which was our last class for the day. I don't understand why. I've known Carter for a while now. He's sweet deep down. I doubted he changed over the summer. But to be honest, I would do anything to have Julio talking to me again.

"I'm sorry if I've done anything wrong," I said quietly to him.

He gave a snort and fixed his shoes, saying something under his breath. He stood up and looked at me. He wore jeans that perfectly clung to his hips, showing off the butt he actually had. He had a black singlet top on and I had to gulp down. No matter how many times I saw his muscles, they still took me by surprise. Only one word can define them; perfect.

"We better get going. The parties already probably started."

Julio took off towards the door with me close on his heels. Maria sat with Santana in the living room. They said their goodbyes and we were out the door. It was a five minute walk to the house, so we agreed in the last minute to just walk there together.

I looked up at Julio's face. His bruise was just a light shade of green-purple.

"If you're looking at the bruise, I'm a quick healer," he said, surprising me.

I blushed slightly at being caught staring. I was taught never to stare at people but curiosity always got the better of me. I looked down.

"Oh. Are you...okay?" I asked, feeling kind of stupid.

He laughed, making me feel even stupider. "Yeah, nothing I can't handle," was his reply.

I nodded and the walk continued in silence. I could still feel his hostility towards me, but he was trying to keep it down. I silently thanked him for that. An angry Julio would definitely be the scariest thing to witness and I hope I never see that side of him.

We made it to the house. It was actually a pretty big house that definitely stood out in this neighbourhood. It was huge and white. The front lawn was cut and the bushes all trimmed down to detail. The driveway was packed with cars and people were trying to make their way in. You could faintly hear the music from outside.

As we approached the door, I noted that the sun was beginning to set. I smiled to myself. I always loved this time of day. It made me feel...happier.

The door opened before us and the music became deafening. I took a step in. The floor was marble and the walls were covered in fancy wallpaper that looked expensive. The furniture here was at a minimum, clearly moved to make room for people to dance. The place smelt like alcohol and cigarettes.