Chapter 6 • Hypnotized

Start from the beginning

The girl frowned, "Jimin, I-"
As the two were talking, they hadn't noticed the demon's face turn into a scowl of anger.

Before they knew what happened, the demon dashed forward, his slender hand curling around Eunha's throat. The surprised girl couldn't even blink when she was suddenly thrown through the air, a loud sound erupting through the forest the moment her back hit the trunk of a tree, though the crash left her with no pain.
None at all, in fact, she felt like she was still standing in the field.

In the place where Taehyung's hand had grabbed the girl's throat, there was now a replica made out of shadows. Eunha could still breath, the only thing the hand did was keep her against the tree. It appeared no matter how much she struggled, she was trapped in place.

"You keep repeating how you will protect her, little elf. So show me, prove to me that you are capable of saving her." Taehyung's voice had changed. The mocking tone making place for a darker, more serious one.

Jimin looked at the scene with big eyes. "What are you doing?"
Taehyung did nothing more but smirk at Jimin's question.
"Let her go, birdy! We've got no time for your stupid games!"

"I'll give you five minutes to defeat me. Every minute that passes means less breath for the princess."

Jimin glanced at Eunha who let out a soft whimper as the hand around her throat tightened its grip in warning.
He let out annoyed huff of air, focusing his eyes on Taehyung again.

The demon send him one last grin as he spread his wings, a thunder-like sound filling the air as he did so. He pushed his body from the ground with his feet, wings carrying his body as he slowly ascended to the sky.
His face became more sinister as shadows crawled around his body, forming two huge balls of what looked like smoke and black electricity in he hands.

Before Jimin could move even a bit, Taehyung appeared in front of him, sending his body flying through the air as the shadows hit the elf.

Time to recover he did not have as the demon appeared in front of him immediately again. Taehyung gripped his opponent's head between his hands and stared deep into his eyes, "Let's see, how we can make this even more fun." He muttered the threat darkly, chills rushing through both Eunha's and Jimin's body at the demonic tone.

Jimin tried to avoid the demon's eyes, but it was no use. He could feel himself get hypnotized.

"Afraid of butterflies, seen that before. Afraid of heights? Understandable with your height. Too boring.. What more is there?" Taehyung's voice sounded mocking as he leaned closer to the boy, a hunger for all his darkest secrets and fears possessing him.

"Feeling like a failure, hm. Even though you try your best, even though your father is the legendary elf everyone's heard of. Even though your younger brother is the best in his class, you are nothing but a disappointment to your family, to your kind. Being the oldest son you should've been the successor of the family, but no matter how hard you try, how hard your father beats you, how much you get scolded. You will always be a failure."

Jimin lets out a whimper as all the painful memories were forced into his mind. He struggled to break out of the hypnosis, but it was no use. He was stuck in trance and had no choice but to relive the most haunting moments of his life.

Eunha saw the scene in front of her. Jimin did not look scared, he seemed to be in pain. Mental and emotional pain.
One single droplet of sweat rolled down the side of his in agony scrunched up face. His chest moved up and down heavily as he struggled to breath properly, trying to endure whatever he was going through.

I have to help him.

"Hey birdy! One minute has passed, shouldn't this thing be tightening?!"