Part 5: New room, new start

Yoongi stood at the door to his new room nervously, wanting to open it but being afraid too.

"Open it. Open it." Jimin chanted from next to him, swinging both of their arms together.

"Go on Yoongi." Jimin's father said placing a gentle hand on his back as a comforter.

He gulped before reaching his arm forward to open the door.

Slowly the door opened exposing a large room, which is still smaller than Jimin's.

The walls were all white and the floor was patterned spruce making the room feel more open, emphasis caused by the large window and high roof.

Yoongi took small steps into the room, taking his time to look at every detail and feature.

"I know it's not much and that it isn't really cosy or feels like home yet but once we start adding things you can make it your own." Mr Park said placing both hands on Yoongi's shoulders.

"Thank you." Was all Yoongi could manage to say, trying to fight back tears which he didn't fully understand.

He wasn't sure if it was the act of kindness, the thought of having a home or the fear that non of it was as good as it seemed which was making him cry but he cried anyways.

Mr Park pulled both Jimin and Yoongi into a hug before whispering "Welcome home Min Yoongi."

Jimin giggles before squeezing them both saying "I'm glad your here." Mainly aimed at Yoongi in this case but it still applies to his father.

The maids started to bring Yoongi's clothes through and as they did the three boys spoke and made sure Yoongi felt welcome.

Mr Park was aware of Yoongi's childhood which is why he planned on keeping him around even if Jimin didn't want him too.

He had been trying to select a servant up to Jimin's standers and none had stood out or been able to control Jimin so he decided to give Jimin the choice so he couldn't refuse.

It worked out well that Jimin wanted to keep Yoongi around for all three of them; Mr Park protected a young and damaged boy, Jimin got a servant and a friend and Yoongi got a place to call home and feel safe.

"Yoongi i'd like to speak to you in the morning at seven before Jimin is up." Mr Park said standing with a warm smile.

Yoongi nodded with a gummy smile on his face, all fear from first impressions gone.

Before Mr Park left he had one last thing to say before leaving both boys alone.

"I know what happened in the past can't be changed but I hope this fresh start can make up for some of the worlds cruelty."