"Did you know..." she asked, leaving that sentence incomplete as the empty words dragged Alexander into the room. He sat next to her and pulled her closer to him as he gazed out of the window with her.

"I used to watch you from this window." She said.

"Damn woman! Don't scare me like that!" was his instantaneous reply to which she laughed whole heartedly, and then continued.

"I used to wait to catch a glimpse of you, Alex." She looked at him this time. "and I was in love. I still am." she whispered the last few words and gazed longingly into his eyes. Those green depth that always trapped and mesmerized her.

She always managed to get his breath hitch and make him gulp down on the invisible knot in his throat by speaking such loving words. Rose always had a way with words. He couldn't believe his luck! And boy, did he feel like a teenage kid in love! He couldn't stop staring at her and all he could think of was about making crazy love to her and express all his love through the way he knew how to express himself the best.

"And it was here where I saw you naked for the first time..." he whispered and smirked at her watching her roll her eyes. How is that she looked so damn beautiful even when she did the smallest gesture. He kissed her lips and lingered there for a few seconds, feeling the warmth of the sun's rays that had previously warmed up her face.

"Had many sleepless nights after that sight." he whispered against her lips.

She chuckled and pulled away.

"I'm going to make dinner, Alex. You've worked on the house all day, so take some rest while I make something light. And please don't start off with the "Doctor said not to work" lecture on me!" She said and walked away before he could stop her.

He let out a heavy sigh and flopped down on the bed as he rested his hands behind his head. Even though there was so much going on in his head, he felt at ease and more importantly, he felt comfort, love and peace in Roseanne's presence. Her love was enough to heal the wounds inside him and it was more than enough to have him breathing for the rest of his life. There were things to be taken care of in New Bern. It was not easy to abandon his line of work because that was the only job he was used to and had grown up doing. But somewhere behind his mind, he knew he needed a change and had to do this for their safety. He didn't want to put his family in danger for his selfish needs. This is what love was all about - to give, and to love with everything inside you. What seemed hard to let go in the beginning will slowly feel right when you have the most precious gift next you. A gift that can't be replaced by any job, any place or anything. His gift was Roseanne, the precious gift that taught him how to love. Nothing was more important than Rose.

He smiled at the thought of her.

He knew it all from the very beginning. He knew how she used spend hours waiting for him near this window because he had been watching her discreetly from his house. No one knew, and this is something he would treasure deep inside his heart. It was only her love that sustained the test of time and it was only the strength and the pull of her presence that brought them both together. For the first time in years, he truly felt at home and was eager to unravel the future with the woman he loved. She was his home and no matter where he went, he would always find his way back to her. 

She was truly his one and only.

With this comforting thought in mind, and the lingering scent of Roseanne's presence, he closed his eyes succumbing to the sleep that coursed through his tired body.

"I love you, Rose."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus!

Hello, my lovely, amazing and loyal readers,

How lucky can a writer get with readers like you. You've waited patiently, and I can't be thankful enough for all the love you've poured into this book. I am truly sorry for giving gaps in between the chapters and spoiling the flow. I hope you all liked the epilogue and I might post some bonus chapters here and there to keep you updated on their future. I didn't want to keep you guys waiting anymore, so I had to bring this Epilogue in. I am afraid of another writer's block and didn't want to do that anymore to you and this book.

But all I can say for now is that I am thankful with all my heart for all the support you've provided me and this book with. Seriously, God bless you all abundantly.

With the end of this book, I've decided to publish another story named "WANTING HIM" You can find it on my list. Please have read at it guys and let me know what you think. I'm going to try and update "BEYOND LOVE "whenever I get inspired by the story again. Some real life changing things have happened with me and I'm getting back to writing slowly and I hope I can get back soon like before.

I love you all, and thank you once again.

I'll see you again with some bonus chapters.

Love,

RLJ