CHAPTER 39

jvlexxie

She pushed his hand back, as if his mere touch burnt her entire soul. She looked into his eyes and narrowed hers which were now filled with fury. He wants me to listen after the show the bitch showcased a few minutes back!

“You want to talk now Alex?” she folded her hands and gave him a tight lipped smile.

“Alright then, let’s talk. But before that, I want you to answer a few mind boggling questions that are killing my head right now.”

Alexander could feel things taking a nasty turn from here.  He could see pain and anger. At the same time he was surprised to see how well she hid it all skilfully. She wasn’t the same Rose whom he saw in the old house. She was growing strong. She was fighting.

Before he could tell anything further, she spoke.

“Why did you let her kiss you?” She whispered, but she knew that it would be clear to his ears and took a step closer to him as she looked deeper into those green eyes that she always loved.

“Why did you let her touch you like that?” she questioned, and gulped when she finished that sentence. She couldn’t bare the sight of another woman touching the man she loved with all her heart.

By now a traitorous tear slipped out of her eye and she immediately wiped it away with the back of her hand, determined to not show the torturous pain growing inside her.

“You should know who she is before knowing why I did not….” Alexander was stopped before he could complete his words.

“I know who she is damn it!” She yelled, and pushed his shoulders backwards with all her strength. Alexander did not see that coming and he stumbled backwards. The back of his knee hit the table and brought the flower vase to the floor as it broke into pieces. He was astonished by her anger, at the same time his own anger was slowly taking its form. But he skilfully hid it from her keeping his face void of his emotions. He let her yell and push him around this time, an angry Rose was better than a Rose who avoided him. He would take all this, because partly, it was his mistake too.

“I know who she is.” She said lowering her voice as tears started filling up her eyes involuntarily.

 “She very proudly introduced herself as the woman who warmed your bed.” She spat out, gritting her teeth. She jabbed her index finger into his chest and spat the rest of her fury.

“You had sex with her. You fucked with her life and body until it pleased you and you left.”

“That’s not the truth Roseanne...”

“And guess what? Now she is back. She wants you. I could see it clearly in her eyes. I saw the way she was hungry for your attention and touch. A woman can understand another woman, Alexander. She knows when another woman is rooting for her man and you can’t fucking deny it.” she spat out and stopped as she tried her level best to catch her lost breath.

She moved back and wiped her tears. She bent her head and kept her hand on her chest.

“It hurts. Do you know how it hurt me?” she said and raised her head to look at him as she poked down on her chest real hard with her index finger.

“It was as if she ripped a piece of me each time she touched you, and each time you let her do that right in front of my eyes. It suffocated me and I just couldn’t take it.” she said and let her tears freely flow down her cheeks without stopping it anymore. She did not want to cover it anymore. It felt like she was losing the battle that she fought with herself.