CHAPTER 6

THIRTEEN YEARS AGO .....

It was half past nine at night.Rose stood near her window in silence as her heart thumped loudly against her chest, while she listened to the havoc being created in her neighbours house. It was Alexanders' house. His parents often fought, but today, it seemed to be extreme and rose was in a state of panic.

Her sister got into her room and shut the door behind her. She knew that her little sister would be watching their house for any sign of Alexander. She loved him very much. She had already made him a part of her life, she had made his pain and happiness one of hers.

Lisa feared this bonding between Rose and Alexander. If Alexander doesn't feel the same way towards rose, then she would break down into pieces. She wouldn't be able to fix herself back and Lisa knew this.

Lisa and Alexander where of the same age and we're classmates too. They were pretty good friends but Rose was the one who could get more closer to his heart among the two sisters. Though two years younger to them, Rose was a very caring girl with a charming soul, she made the darkest days bright.
She did not want to see her sister break down.

Watching rose stand near the window tugged something in Lisas' heart. She cared deeply for Alexander. She let out a soft helpless sigh and walked towards her sister who shivered with fear.
She stood next to Rose near the window and faced the house listening to the commotion happening inside.

"Rose, Alex will be fine."
Lisa whispered to rose as she looked at the neighbouring house.

"I don't know Lee, I am scared. I know he's not fine. He is hurt. Will they hurt him?" Rose asked her sister with her heart filled with fear and pain.

Lisa turned towards her sister and looked at her face. She was crying.Crying for the boy she soo deeply was in love with.

"God...Rose, you need to calm down. He will be alright. And of course, they won't hurt him. Be strong alright. People do fight rose, you can't stop it. But everything will be alright tomorrow. Am sure it will get better."

"Are you sure?,... I just want to see Alex now." Rose said . She just wanted to see him. At least once, just to make sure he was alright.

"Rose, you should go to bed. It's already late. We have school tomorrow."

"I don't care Lisa. I want to see him. I want him to be alright. That's it."

Lisa wanted to tell Rose not to get too attached to Alexander since she doesn't know what tomorrow holds, but then she realised, that it was too late to tell her that. She's gone beyond reach. Her sister is soo deep in love ,that all she cared about is Alexander and his wellbeing. If she said anything now, she would retaliate and fight back. So she decided against it.

"Ma is not going to like what your doing. Go back to bed."

Rose abruptly turned towards her sister
"You won't be able to convince me to sleep. It's not going to work so I think it's better you go and sleep Lisa. I can't sleep knowing he's in pain and agony."
She sighed and turned back towards the window. She watched the silhouettes as they shouted at each other through their window which was shut by the curtains.
____________________________________

"Low down your voice Adam. Alex is in his room. He will listen to all this, and I don't want to pull him into this." Janet, Alexanders mother hissed at her husband.

The couple had a very serious disagreement and it soon transformed into a shouting match between the two. They frequently did this, but they never realised that the Alexander was getting affected by there act. They fought a lot back when Alexander was small. And every time they fought, she sent Alexander to Roses' house.