CHAPTER 42

Recap: Rose meets Lily and she's extremely upset with the way she behaves with Alexander by getting all touchy with him in front of her. She gets infuriated when she sees that he doesn't make any advances to stop her. She stops him from reasoning his actions and walks away. Alexander then calls Mr. Vladimir wanting to meet him. Rose finds Jade all bruised and wounded when she gets back from her house. Rose is surprised and questions her state. Jade denies to answer her questions and lashes her with harsh words and Rose is taken aback by her weird behavior. The next day she asks her to accompany her to the church and even there, she remains aloof and carried a different behavior altogether. Rose lets it go and assures her that she will always be there for her. When they get back home, Mr. Vladimir is waiting for Rose and they have a small talk regarding Lily. Before he goes, Vladimir asks Rose to fight for whatever she wants and also tells her that Lilly is not the woman she has thought her to be, and this confuses Rose.

I just realized that I am bad at writing Recaps but I really hope this helps. Now, the story...

That night, Rose twisted and turned on her bed unable to sleep because a certain someone plagued each and every cell in her brain. Every day and night was hard for her without Alexander by her side. She wanted to stay away from him but wanted him at the same time. Understanding the fact that she needed some time and space for her, he never made an attempt to come near her and gave her what she needed before she was mentally ready to listen to what he wanted to say. She used to exchange glances with Alexander on few instances but always maintained her distance from the man. She used to get out of her room only after he left the house and used to get back into her room even before he returned. How long would she be able to push him away? How long would she able to act as if he never existed? In addition to this, it had been two days since she spoke to Vladimir and his words still seemed to be a mystery to her. Every day since that evening, she kept thinking about what he meant by the words he spoke. But that one person that affected her entire existence was him. Alexander Hunter. And it was the same with Alexander. He never showed her how much he wanted to smash her body against his and feel her existence by feeling each and every inch of her. But he knew, that this time, he had to take it slow by giving her the time she demanded. But he would decide the time she could take, because he was an impatient man who had waited too long for what he loved, worshiped and craved for years.

When the thoughts started clouding her mind making it difficult for her even to close her eyes, she immediately got up and switched on the lights of her room. She rubbed her face with her hands and looked at the clock which showed 1 a.m. She sighed and turned towards the bedside table to drink water but only found an empty jar.

"How could I forget?" she said to herself with irritation and got down from her bed. She took the jar with her and walked towards her door and opened it as she stepped into the corridor. The passage was silent. She turned to look at Alexander's room but there was no light seeping from the bottom of the door. Somewhere deep down her heart she wanted Alexander to open his door and come out to her. She just wanted to look at him. He had this strong hold on her sense even in his absence.

"Why would he even be awake?" she whispered, and felt her heart clench at the thought of him near her. " He might be sound asleep by now." Somewhat disappointed, she descended the stairs and walked towards the kitchen. She knew in and around the kitchen well by now, so she did not bother to switch on the lights. The street lights outside the house cast its faint glow inside the kitchen so that was more than enough for her to manoeuvre her way around. She stood near one of the windows near the wash basin and placed the jar on the side as she gazed out of the window eyeing the silent road in front and watched the tall lamp posts. She observed the lights, and how the moths were drawn to its heat. They knew it would burn them, yet they couldn't help themselves from moving towards their hearts' desire. She just stood there for a few minutes with nothing in her head as she took in deep breaths to completely clear her mind. she almost felt at ease when Alexander popped up in her head again. He never left her alone. She hoped to be with him now, than standing here all  alone looking at absolutely nothing. She imagined him standing behind her, hugging her from behind and whispering sweet nothings into her ear as he tenderly kissed her neck, and laid feather like touches on her ear as the warmth of his warm hands wrapped around her seeped into her thin night wear. The thought alone ignited her body with immense want. The night was quiet. No sound of crickets, no wind and No Alexander. Just silence. So silent that it was almost...