Happily Ever After

Before we get to the story let me tell you how it ended up where it did.

-5 years after Seth died-

Shortly after graduating, Red announced she was traveling. She said it was to find other shifters but Amber knew that it was really Red trying to find herself. Red kept in touch for a little while slowly she went from talking to everyone to just talking to Amber and Jake. Then when Jake told her that Saundra was pregnant she stopped almost completely. With little updates to her family, They only knew she was alive and ended up in England.

A little over a year later both Amber and Saundra discovered they were pregnant. Saundra with her second baby and both over the moon Amber only really wanted to tell one person. Her best friend. She called Red and for the first time in over a year she picked up. Amber was so excited it just all spilled out. Red remained silent for a long time when Amber finally stopped.

"I'm fine," Red said. "But I am gonna be off the grid for a while."

And that was the last time anyone heard from Red.

Saundra and Jake's first kid was a daughter. They named her Olivia and it wasn't long to realize she was a shifter. She was only a few months old not even sleeping through the night when Saundra walked into Olivia's nursery to find a small cat-like creature, which was later to be classified as a Lynx, laying in the crib where her daughter was supposed to be. It was a totally new experience as none of the pack had been raised like their kids would be. Completely free.

Only a year after Olivia was born Jake and Saundra had a son. Theodore was a beautiful boy and like his mom was not a shifter. Quickly nicknamed Theo by Willow and Apollo. Loved by all. Automatically he became best friends with Amber and Matt's new daughter Skylar. And it made sense as so far it seemed as though Skylar and he were normal kids with no special powers.

Lucy came home with a girlfriend. No one was surprised and, of course, loved her all the same. Thomas has decided to go into the military after high school and even though the pack didn't think it was a good idea he was determined to do it anyway. Apollo was quickly approaching the end of high school and was excited to be the first of the pack (other than Jake) to go to college. Willow remained the same high-spirited young girl she always was even though she was quickly coming into puberty. 

(10/2/18)