“I actually have no idea where we’re going Maka.” Mari said as they walked down a big street with a few people walking past or riding bikes.

Maka grinned. “I guess you’ll get the hang of it after you walk with Kidd, Liz and Patty, but it’s actually hard to get from their house to school. You’ll get it sooner or later.” They arrived at a huge house that had a big metal gate. Maka pressed a button and it opened. They walked into a huge garden where different bushes were growing with a few flowers.

“Wow..” Mari breathed. “This is the biggest house I’ve ever seen… I can’t believe I get to live here…”

Maka smiled. “I know.”

The room that Kidd Liz and Patty had set up was a white theme and was really symmetrical. When Maka and Mari walked in, Liz and Patty were making the bed and Kidd was examining some paintings on the walls. They all looked up and smiled.

“Hey~” Liz said as Patty jumped up and down. “Do you like it?” Kidd adjusted a painting tp the right, then moved it back.

“I love it!” Mari stared at the three. “You even added some of my old stuff…” Mari bit her lip. “Some of this furniture is new… I really can’t pay for it.”

Liz waved her hand in the air. “No, it’s fine!”

Mari was still staring at the painted walls and brand new white furniture. “I can’t even…” She said.

Tsukbaki called from downstairs, saying something about cookies. Maka, Liz and Patty and Mari began to walk out but Kidd glanced over at them. “Mari… Can I ask you something about these paintings.” He adjusted another one.

Mari looked around at the others, confused. “S-sure!’’ the others walked out and down the hall a little. Mari walked over to Kidd. “What?”

He turned to her. He looked like a confused puppy. “I really don’t know how to feel about you.”

Mari stood there for a second. “Uhm..” She bit her lip, then doubled over with laughter.

“W-what?” Kidd asked.

She looked up at him. “You just look so cute when you’re confused. It’s… adorable!” She gasped to catch her breath. “And.. you’re stuttering again!” She straitened and smiled.

Kidd folded his arms. “Well… Fine.” He ran a hand through his hair, seaming not to care that it was getting rumpled. “Okay. So when I’m around you… I guess…” Was he… blushing? “it feels like the world doesn’t have to be as symmetrical.” He looked at her, moving a small strand of hair to the other side of her part.

She wrapped her arms around his middle to give him a hug. “Kidd… I think…” She looked up at him and smiled. “I think I might be falling in love with you.”

The corners of his mouth tilted up a little. “You’re the first person who’s said that to me.” He leaned down and tilted her chin up so he could see her eyes. “And I think I may be falling for you, too.” He rubbed the scar on her cheek, his mouth twitching.

Mari bit her lip. “Sorry…”

He shook his head. “There’s nothing you can do about it.” He smiled. He kissed her. It was gentle, almost feeling like Kidd felt he would hurt her.

Mari reached her arms up and pulled him in a little closer. She could feel something off, like the world wasn’t moving right, but for one second, that didn’t matter.

“OOHHHHHH!!!!” Someone shouted and Mari and Kidd broke away from each other. The other three girls, Soul, Tsubaki and Black Star were standing in the hall just outside her room and they all were grinning like crazy. Patty had cookie crumbs all over her face in different patches, mostly on the right side for some reason.