TL: Monetary Matters (Dialogue)

Start from the beginning

I did. I used my savings and after, I managed to get a business loan. Overall, things are looking well.

And your living situation? I hear you're living with my son?

That's correct.

Are you paying rent as well?

Rent?

Yes.

Um...no, but I do my share around the condo. I told Chanyeol I'd help with the money, but he told me that it was fine.

Of course he did. He's always been sweet.

I suppose...

Well, Baekhyun, it seems to me like you're healthy, which is good. You've physically matured since the last time that I saw you. To be honest, I was quite surprised when I heard you and Chanyeol were just...back together again. He's happy, so I shouldn't question anything despite the fact that I have a few objections.

Okay...

But I can't help but feel as though you're very...dependent on him financially.

That's not—

I merely hope you're not taking advantage of him to finance your adventures and put a roof over your head. I'm just concerned, especially since I know how blinded he is by you.

I can assure you, Mrs. Park, I am not taking advantage of him in that way.

I would hope not.

Never.

Then alright. What shall we order now?

-

-

What's this?

Money. That one's for the condo. It's my half of the monthly bill. That one's for the security system you installed in the store. It's not in full, but I'll eventually pay you back. This is for—

Why're you doing this? I don't want this money.

I know, but take it.

No! Here, take it back!

Chanyeol, take it!

Why! Why do you want me to take it? Hm? I told you that you don't need to pay for the place. I told you you don't need to pay me back! What will I do with this money? It's useless!

Damn it, Chanyeol, will you just take the damn cash!?

No!

Fine...

Where're you going?

I'm moving out...and I'm investing the money in your company since you won't take it.

Moving out—what the hell! What's gotten into you!

Nothing. Now let go of me.

Byun Baekhyun! Stop walking away from me, damn it!

Why can't you just take it!

Because I don't want it!

Chanyeol, I want to pay you back, so—

I keep telling you that I don't need it! Why now? Why do you want to pay me back now?

I've realized a few things, Park, and it's that I'm too dependent on you. You know how I don't like to owe people anything.

Then consider all debt repaid!

No!

Baekhyun, why're you suddenly....Wait a minute. You met with my mother didn't you?

Chanyeol, please just take this from me.

No—you met her, didn't you? That's why you're like this. What did she say to you? Hn?

Nothing important, Chanyeol—

If it's nothing important then you wouldn't be talking about moving out! We've fought about money but not in this way. What did she say to you?

Chanyeol, really—

Baekhyun.

It wasn't—

You don't want to spit it out? Fine. I'll call her.

What?

I'll call the damn woman and ask her exactly what she said to make you—

She made me sound exactly how I knew she'd make me sound—a leech, a gold digger! She thinks I'm using your money to help my shop and that I'm just freeloading off of you in terms of living conditions and all.

God damn it—

So, just—

Keep the fucking money. I don't want it.

Chanyeol—

How dare she say that to you! After all this time, she still says these things that could potentially damage us despite knowing how much fucking time I wasted looking for you!

But—

No. Put that money back in your bank. If I take that from you, then what kind of man would I be? I take your money so you can what? Sleep here? And what about the times when we fuck senselessly throughout the night? Will money be involved for that, too? No! I don't want money involved between us. Whatever the hell's mine is yours.

Yeol... I can't just... I have to pay you back somehow.

You already do. You love me back—hell, you love me enough to meet up with the witch. So keep your money, because having you love me back is fucking priceless.

Stop being ridiculous—

What's ridiculous here is that you're five steps away from the closet where the suitcases are. What's even more ridiculous is that you'd actually move out because you're afraid to be labeled as a freeloader by the woman who gave birth to me.

It's not—

It's hilarious that we're here fighting about this when the bed's right there and I could just pound all your worries away if you'd only let me.

You can't just dismiss my problems like this, you know...

Yes, I can. Your problems are nothing more than insecurities created by that woman. I'm sorry that you met with her without me, but... I'm glad you had the courage to.

Stop hugging me.

Stop squirming—oof!

Get off of me! You're heavy and it's hot.

Then take off your clothes, honey. You know I'm the last one to care if you're naked or not.

Chanyeol, please.

Wipe that worried look off your face, Baek. Learn how to smile for once. It'll look better in the wedding photos.

Whatever.

Hm...Anyways, whatever my mom says, fine, but my word is final. It's my money and if I want to spend it supporting you, then that's between us.

How many times do I have to tell you not to spend on me? I can handle myself.

I know you can. Of course I know that I fell in love with a kick ass vixen, but spoiling you never hurt anyone.

It hurts me.

You exaggerate.

And you're such an idiot...

But you love me.

Only sometimes.

You're always a liar, vixen. I, for one, am always honest.

Oh my god.

Therefore, you should know that I love you every second of the day.

Wonderful.

I'm not exaggerating—and I know you love me the same way.

And how is that?

You wear your ring every day like I do, vixen. That's how I know.

You're unbelievable, Park. Really...