Misconceptions

Chanyeol, for the rest of the week, did everything he could to spend time with Baekhyun. He'd grab his vixen's hand whenever he could and walk him to his classroom even though Baekhyun would tell him not to since it attracted a lot of attention. But, away from the public eye, Baekhyun would openly kiss Chanyeol back, giving him the reassurance that Baekhyun did want him as much as it was the other way around.

He felt like shit knowing that he couldn't go off to Lotte World with Baekhyun. Chanyeol was looking forward to their first date—or, possibly, their first opportunity to have public fornication—but his parents were coming back and he had to follow an unsaid code to be present.

Even though he allowed Baekhyun to go and ask someone else, Chanyeol wasn't too thrilled about the idea of passing up the date to some other bastard—or bitch—depending on which gender Baekhyun chose to share his weekend with.

It wasn't in the norm for Chanyeol to help clean around the house, but the day before his parents were to make their return, he ended up giving the maids a helping hand. He double checked under all the beds in the house for things people might've left and things that the help might've missed like underwear or other disgusting things. The downturn products of all those "get-togethers".

When he finished with his share of the work, Chanyeol went back to his own room, crawling onto his bed. He took out his phone and decided to check up on Baekhyun and pry a little bit into his plans.

From: Chanyeol

Hey, Baek.

Chanyeol put the phone onto his chest and expected a reply to take about a few seconds, but when seconds turned into minutes, Chanyeol creased his brows and looked at his phone thinking that he had somehow missed the message alert. When he glanced at his phone, though, he saw that he hadn't missed any messages and nothing was left unread.

From: Chanyeol

Baekhyun. Do me a favor and reply back.

Chanyeol set his phone back down and waited...and waited. There was still no reply after a minute passed and Chanyeol cut Baekhyun some slack. But, after he waited at around three, elongated minutes, Chanyeol decided texting—which could easily be avoided and ignored—wasn't doing anything. He moved on to call the unresponsive vixen.

Much to his surprise, Baekhyun answered at around the second ring. At first Chanyeol was elated because Baekhyun answered so quickly, but then it dawned on him that Baekhyun's quick response meant that he had his phone with him all along and that he was openly choosing to ignore the text messages. Chanyeol frowned—not that Baekhyun could've seen.

"What do you want?"

Chanyeol didn't like Baekhyun's tone. "Yah, what's with that? No greeting?"

There was a small pause. "Hi. What do you want?" Baekhyun asked, curtly.

"Nothing. I just wanted to talk to you—"

"—I know. I saw the texts—"

"—which you didn't reply to," Chanyeol said accusingly. "When I send you something, you should respond faster than I get a boner looking at yo—" Baekhyun hung up. Chanyeol glared at his home screen and cursed. He called again, to which Baekhyun answered.

"Vixen, you have some audacity hanging up like that—"

"—Since when did you know big words like 'audacity'?" Baekhyun mocked through the phone.

Chanyeol ignored the remark. "Who cares—anyways, what're you doing?"

"Studying—"

"Bummer. Not masturbating?"