In-School Encounters and Liars

Monday. Baekhyun never really had anything against it since going to school didn't really bother him, but god damn it! Baekhyun dreaded this Monday. He rolled out of bed and did his daily routine before heading to school. He had his car taken away for being out all night so he had to hitch a ride with Kyungsoo to what he knew was impending humiliation.

At his locker, Baekhyun was looking over some of his notes when Chanyeol stuck his head from behind the locker's swinging door. "Morning, Baek." Baekhyun refused to acknowledge him. "Does your you-know-what still hurt or what?"

Baekhyun froze. "Shut up, Park. That was days ago..."

"I know." Chanyeol held up two fingers. "See? Two days, excluding today." Then he put his hand back down. "Anyways, I'm surprised nothing hurts. I heard that it's supposed to hurt for a while. At least that's what I read."

Finally, Baekhyun turned to face Chanyeol. "Why're you even talking to me? We don't know each other. We just know each other's names—no!" Baekhyun held up a hand when Chanyeol was going to interrupt. "Don't say that we know each other's 'bodies' because we don't. What happened was a mistake, got it?"

Chanyeol shrugged indifferently. "Sorry that I'm not Sehun, Baek."

"Yah, leave him out of this, you gigantic jerk," Baekhyun said, glaring up.

Chanyeol laughed. "How? He's all you ever talk about. Look, I know that you're in love with him, Baek, but give it up. He's not for you."

"Wha—Why would you say that I love him?" Baekhyun gave him a confused face. A face that was scared of getting the answer that he was thinking himself.

Chanyeol pulled out the letter from his front pocket. It had become folded and scrunched since the Tuesday he got it. "I got your little, uh, confession."

Baekhyun's eyes widened. He grabbed for the piece of worn out paper, but Chanyeol lifted the paper even more out of his reach. "But...but I put that in his locker!"

"You're so adorable, Byun Baekhyun," Chanyeol commented, saying Baekhyun's full name. "That was my locker, babe. You should really stop mistaking Sehun-ah and me."

"That letter wasn't meant for you, Chanyeol."

"Mmm, sure, but it was in my locker. Anything that accidentally finds itself on my lap is mine, Baek. That includes you," Chanyeol decreed, smirking. He playfully pinched Baekhyun's nose and, as if on cue, the bell rang. Chanyeol closed the speechless Baekhyun's locker and lightly tapped his cheek twice. "Don't be late for class! I'll take you home after school so you can tell that friend of yours that you already have a ride." With that, Chanyeol turned and started walking to where he needed to be, leaving Baekhyun without the power of speech.

When Baekhyun stumbled into class the last minute, the first person he made eye contact with was Sehun. The connection lasted for a few seconds before Sehun turned his head the other way to stare out the window. Baekhyun had to snap himself out of the daze before he would be left awkwardly staring at the back of Sehun's head in front of the entire class.