TL: Monetary Matters (Dialogue)

Start from the beginning

Chanyeol, it's—

Is she that scary to you? Baekhyun, she's my mother, not Satan.

She might as well be...

Stop scribbling in your notebook for a moment and listen for a second!

I have work, Yeol! I have to keep track of financing so I know how much the store's bringing in! If I don't do that, then hell, I could be losing money!

You'll be losing more than money if you don't stop being stubborn and just meet with her!

...

I mean it, Baek—

What the hell's that supposed to mean?

Well, what do you think it means?

Would you really leave if I don't?

I don't know. Maybe?

...

Why? Would that finally—

Fine.

What?

I said fine.

Fine to what, Baek?

If it really annoys you that I won't meet her, then fine. Leave me. What else would I expect from you. She's your mother after all, so she's more important by default.

Are you being serious right now?

Why wouldn't I be.

I can't believe this—you know what? Fine. Don't meet with her. If it really bothers you, then just don't.

Great—

But you know something? I thought that maybe—just this once—you'd do this for me. For us, actually, but fine. You don't want to do it? Then sorry for bothering you.

Park—

I'm going out for a bit. Don't wait up.

It's 10 at night. Where are you going to go? You have work tomorrow, you know.

Don't worry too much about that. Just worry about yourself. Good-night.

...

-

-

I'm so glad that you finally accepted my invite, Baekhyun. It's been too long.

Ah, yes.

I assume Chanyeol doesn't know that we're meeting tonight?

He's too busy. I didn't want to inconvenience him.

Of course. He's been quite the man these past years, working his way to the top and all. I simply wished he'd have made some time to sit with us. I supposed there can't be anything done about that. The CEO position really is quite the job.

Yes...

Anyhow, what about you? I haven't seen you in so long. The last I heard, you started a small cafe, I believe? After retiring from your attendant days.

Oh, did Chanyeol tell you?

Word by mouth is very common, Baekhyun.

I see...

Well? How is business?

I'm doing okay. The business is doing great, too—

How are things financially?

We're making profit, and I'm slowly paying away the loans.

Oh, loans are a nuisance. Why not buy the place as a whole?