"Tiff's got Sebastian's credit card," Leo suddenly whispered in my ear, and I twitched, listening more intently. "Last night, he agreed to let her take you shopping. It may not be able to replace everything you lost, of course, but you'll still have far more than you came here with."

I immediately felt confused and, more than that, upset.

"Shopping?" I groggily asked, looking at Sebastian, who was staring right at me with an inscrutable expression. "Yesterday you made it seem like this was going to be a bad thing. Do you hate shopping or something?"

"Well, if it's a trip run by Tiffy, we all hate it," Leo chuckled mischievously. "It sucks hardcore."

My mind connected everything in that moment: boys meant pack mules, and a girl like Tiffany probably meant lots and lots of shopping bags, but more importantly this also meant they would be my shopping bags. Clothes? Shampoo? Stuff?

Then a deeper sense of confusion hit me.

"Why are you calling a taxi, then?" I gummily asked, giving them a strange look. "You guys clearly have enough money for a car considering Sebastian literally spent several hundreds of thousands of dollars on renovating my old apartment and replacing some of my things after he destroyed them. He also got a luxury RV from somewhere, and this house is incredibly huge, which probably means that you guys pay an insane amount of property taxes."

"I have more money than I need," Sebastian growled, sounding irritated. "I have a garage the size of a flight hangar built beneath this house with hundreds of vehicles from every single era, but I personally prefer to spend money on low-budget services. It helps the economy, and it allows me to tip normal hard-working people stuck in mundane, low-paying jobs."

I didn't react to his words. Mostly because I couldn't really imagine him doing something that nice for other people, considering how badly he'd treated me. I wondered, momentarily, why they were even bothering to take me on a shopping trip but decided not to think about it and to just go with the flow since it was a change from the unpleasantness, and it would give me a good distraction. Lord knows I needed one after everything that had happened recently.

With a sigh, I slid my sweater over my head and tossed it on the bed, running a hand through my disheveled hair. Leo snorted when I slid out of bed and started unbuttoning my denim shorts, but Tiffany visibly balked, quickly turning around and covering her eyes with her hands.

I studied her for a second, then snagged the clothes and walked over to the bedroom closet. I hadn't looked at it until that moment, but when I pushed the sliding wooden door aside, I was relieved to see that it was just big enough for me to step in and change.

"The closet?" Leo asked, raising an eyebrow. "You're going to change in there?"

"I spent my childhood in one of these," I sarcastically croaked, stepping in and shutting the door behind me. "I can handle a few more minutes inside one."

I heard a muffled snicker but paid it no attention and slid my shorts off. Standing in nothing but my underwear, I pulled the insanely large jeans on and slid the belt through the loops, but unfortunately, the belt itself was also too large and there was no hole where I needed one.

I frowned for a few seconds, then remembered I had fangs — duh — and proceeded to manually puncture a hole through the leather. Once the pants were properly fastened, I cuffed them so I wouldn't trip, then wiggled my skinny waist to make sure they wouldn't fall.

Satisfied, I dragged the mammoth-sized tank-top over my head.

To my dismay, the hem hung almost down to my shins, and the drop-off from the heaving neckline revealed far too much of my chest. It couldn't be helped, though, so as an afterthought I finger-combed my hair and pulled most of it over my shoulders so it would hang across it.