East Against West

"We've got to get these birds refueled and restocked ASAP, so were going to pass directly over the temple at 45,000 feet. That will be your chance to infiltrate. We cant risk getting any closer just in case he set up anti air deployments." The pilot stated to us over the radios.

"Thats fine. Get Mrs.Faline some medical help when you get back to Romeo, then come back to extract us. We gotta be ready to leave incase he has anything set up as a failsafe." Tyro replied looking over my mom.

"Romeo?" I asked.

"Yeah. We were warned of Lungs plan by my buddy Nolan, who is in command of a Resistance Base called Romeo. He told me to get my ass there ASAP." He laughed.

"Close call huh?" I asked.

"Oh yeah." He replied. I looked at my mother, who was sleeping soundly against Nina. This was the first time in years she was able to sleep soundly according to her, and it was obvious that she needed it. I watched her sleep as the images of the ship we had been held on slid underneath the waves, its deck and parts of the hull on fire as its fuel caught. Something inside me said that this is the way he had wanted to go all along. That he had finally made everything right with himself, and he was ready.

"Don't worry Shadow, your mom will be taken care of, ill make sure my buddy knows that." Tyro said as he sat down beside me.

"Thats not on my mind." I replied as i watched over my mate, and my mother.

"He gave his life so you could live yours. And in turn, you have taken in his legend as your own. I think thats a good trade considering you knew nothing of his real actions." Tyro stated wrapping a wing around me.

"You think so huh?" I asked looking up at him.

"Oh yeah." He smiled.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Oh, and one more thing." He stated.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Im going to get a mask made for Ace like that." He smiled.

"He'd like it." I laughed. Tyro laughed as well before letting me go and walking to the rear hatch of the V22.

"Were coming over the temple. You've got 30 seconds." The pilot stated. Nina stood and walked to my side.

"What do you think your doing?" I asked watching as she tightened her vest around her. She then tightened the vest i managed to grab off one of the dragons who had joined the rescue team. It was a 50 Cal vest, but felt right on my back.

"Im coming along." She replied.

"No, this is between Lung and I. I don't want you to get hurt Nina." I replied.

"Ive got a bone to pick with him as well you know. He killed my father as well, so shut your muzzle, and let this happen." She stated with a smile.

"Alright then. At least one of us better come home. I don't want my kid raised my Tyro." I sighed glancing at Tyro. His ears fell against his hear and he opened his mouth wide.

"Whaaaaaaat!? Im a damn good dad." He said loudly causing us to laugh.

"10 seconds." The pilot shouted. Tyro punched the hatch release and the hatch began to open.

"Well then, ill see you all on the flip side." Tyro shouted before leaping out the hatch. Nina quickly followed him as they both disappeared into the night sky. I walked to the hatch and glanced at my sleeping mother one more time, just in case i didn't make it back to her. With one last smile, i hit the hatch close button and leapt after Tyro and Nina.