Lost Words

".............Dad?" I stated looking at the face underneath the mask. My mind and heart seemed to stop as i starred at the dragon before me, my father.

"Yeah, its me son." He replied with a smile. I was frozen in place. My muscles weren't receiving the messages my brain was sending them. The adrenalin and feel of unbelief seemed to cease the transmissions. I looked my father over, trying to reassure myself that the one before me was truly my father. His jet black scales, red belly, and paw pad scales. His four horns. His golden eyes, the scars where his wing bones were removed by a doctor, and the scare on his neck from the day we tracked Tyson.

"How......i.......i buried you!! How did you survive!?" I asked, my voice shaking with joy.

"Im not sure myself. I remember Hunter giving me a sedative in the cave after Tyson died. Then after a few weeks, i woke up in Lungs temple. He told me that he shared some of his life force with me. You know the old legends and that stuff. Not sure exactly what happened, but I'm alive none the less." He replied. I could tell his eyes were scrutinizing me. Looking over me like he did long ago. His eyes were full of joy.

"You've become a respectable male i see." He said with a smile as he began walking toward me.

"I was taught to be the best i could be." I replied as he reached me, pulling me into a strong hug. I missed this feeling with all my being. Memories of when i was a child began flashing through my mind as we hugged one another for the longest time. After what seemed like an eternity, he released me, sitting on his haunches and placing both his forepaws on my shoulders.

"Ive also been informed you've got a son you named after me. Am i correct?" He asked smiling. I could see the traces of a tear on his left eye. He was trying desperately not to cry. I nodded.

"Yeah, Nina and i became mates and started a family. We originally had two eggs, but-"

"Ive been watching you since you returned to the temple. I know what happened son." He stated cutting me off.

"But, I'm honored none the less. Your mother would be proud at what you've become. I wish she was here to see you and Nina now." He said smiling as a tear ran down his muzzle.

"Nina! We....dad, she and i got separated. We've gotta find her." I stated, my mood changing from joy to fear. Suddenly, a red dot appeared on my forehead. I slowly followed it back to its source to find Nina and the V-22 pilot sitting high up in a nearby tree. Nina had 2 laser pointers, and the pilot had 2.

"Thats how you scared them? With laser pointers?" I asked looking back at my father.

"Yeah. Im just glad they were stupid enough not to trace the line to its source. But it worked out in our favor. Thank god for that. A wounded dragon, and two un-injured dragons plus a human wouldn't do very good against five fully operational dragons." He stated with a smile as Nina jumped out of the tree with the pilot in her arms. Once she landed, she released him and ran to me, wrapping her arms around me in a hug.

"Don't you ever almost die again! Do you understand me!?" She growled in my ear.

"Yes ma'am." I replied with a laugh. She released me and began looking at my arm and wing.

"There broken, so don't even try." I said, knowing she was going to try repositioning them to there proper locations.

"Yeah. They look like clean breaks though. And with this splint on em, they should heal up soon." She said as she grabbed my head and pulled me toward her, pulling me into a kiss that lasted only for a couple seconds, but felt like a lifetime.

"I love you so much Shadow." She said as she hugged me again.

"And i you Nina." I replied. Dad smiled and the pilot ran to the V-22.

"Now, for the reason i came after you guys. Ive been investigating some things about Project Draco's deeper inner-workings. And i think i know somebody who can help me with the information i need to sort out whats true and whats false." My dad said catching both My and Nina's attention.

"Sounds interesting enough. Can you spare any information on what your trying to find?" Nina asked.

"Well, I've come across the information that leads me to believe that The Resistance may be linked up with Project Draco. I don't know how exactly yet, but the from what I've seen, its true." He replied scratching his scarred neck.

"That means we could still be in big trouble." I replied. My father nodded at me.

"Exactly. Now, in order for me to get this target, i need both of you as a three man team." He replied with a smile.

"Starting to seem like the old Talon squadron again." Nina smiled. I sighed and looked away and toward the bridge. My mind began reliving Hunters last moments.

"Don't worry son. He's in a better place now. It was quick and painless way to go, and an honorable one at that." My father reassured.

"Yeah.......if you say so." I replied with a sigh.

"Tell me something though. How did you earn your nickname Razgriz? Just saying it scared the shit out of the other dragons. Why were they so scared?" I asked wishing to prod into the legend behind the name.

"I was given the name because i was a demon. Before i wore the mask, when i was sent on assignations, the dragons would see my face before they died. They had been told i was dead. The leader of Talon dead. Everybody knew my face in the Draco Project. So, hen they were told i was dead, and i reappeared, they started calling me a demon. After the mission that caused the entire firebase to be abandon, i was given the name Razgriz. I got Lung Wei to craft this mask for my missions, and so then i became a deadly shadow." He replied. I could tell he wasn't wishing to go into much detail. About how he earned the name.

"A shadow with a scary face." I replied smiling.

"What? I like it." Nina replied with a laugh.

"It defiantly makes dragons lose there will to fight when they see me coming. Which is very rare." My dad laughed, then sighed.

"Back to business you two. Will you help me track this informant down? Whatever he knows, i feel can make or break the Resistance." He said looking both of is over.

"I wont be much help in my current condition, but I'm in dad." I replied. Nina quickly nodded her agreement and leaned against me.

"Don't worry. Your job will be easy." He said as the V-22's engines began to fire up.

"Thats our cue." Nina said. With that we went to the aircraft and got settled for the trip.

"You never told us where we were going." I called to my dad who was speaking to the pilot in the cockpit.

"The ruins of New York. Thats where we can find him."