Lone Survivor

The weeks quickly went by as we waited for the shipment of DK ammo Mark had been speaking off to pass. Any word of its movement would prompt both Talon, and Raven Squadrons reaction, but it was a waiting game. Simply wanting them to make the first move.

I grew closer to Tyro and his family after the incident with Mark. I learned a lot about many different things. Such as the dragon preserves that had been set up for dragons in the breeding program. There were a handful, but only the Tacoma and the Pacific reserves sounded the most appealing, and Tyro confirmed those hunches. He had grown up in the Pacific, and had his first kid, Ace, there. He then moved to the Tacoma and had been staying there until he was abducted by a group of Russian poachers.

He explained that they had been taken to a fighting arena in Russia to fight against other dragons for sport. Well, for the amusement of the ones watching. If you lost a fight, you lost your life either in the arena or afterward by those who abducted you. It was horrible, with cages that were made of strong, sharp wire that cut you as you walked. And cages stacked on top of one another. The waste from one dripping down onto the other. He had found his adopted son Tyson there. Saying he had lost his fight and was going to be killed later on. His son still had nightmares about it, and even shook and began crying at the mention of the place. Who was to blame him. A young, year old dragonet being put to death for loosing a fight he was probably never able to win in the first place. I kinda felt bad for the little guy, but the past cant be changed.

Nina on the other hand became extremely aggressive over the egg. Only Tyro, Adelind, Hunter, Myself, and Tyros human friend Hudson were able to approach her when she had the egg, which was all the time. Anybody else got snarled and growled at. Or in the case if Vez, a dragon member of Tyros team, bitten. He had walked too close to her trying to get by another of his team members when Nina locked her jaw around his shoulder. She wasn't aiming to kill, more to stun and shock. Everybody became scared of her after that, and i couldn't blame them. I also couldn't blame her for acting the way she did around the egg. Neither of us were taking any chances of loosing this one. If we did......again, i wouldn't be able to live. Nina would either go crazy or kill herself. Possibly both. Still, she was serious about defending this egg. No body she didn't trust was getting close to it. Still, even when we had this egg, she still cried at night about the loss. I would join her sobbing every now and then. I thought i could be strong, but i was wrong. I had another egg, but i still was depressed about the ones we lost.

As the days passed, we would lounge lazily around the base. Sunning on the rocks, playing with the kids, listening to stories Hunter and Tyro would tell, And really anything else to waste time away. One day. We guys decided to take a guys day out, while the girls did the same. Our day ran on with sparring with one another, flying around the temple and surrounding area, just having guy talk while we ate our meals , and simple stuff like that, ending with a nice long soak in the hot springs.

"Guys!!! Guys!!!" A female shouted from the top of the steps. We all turned to look, seeing Adelind on top screaming down on us.

"What is it Adelind!?" Tyro yelled back.

"The egg!!!! Its hatching!!!" She replied before turning and taking off toward the temple. My eyes were wide open now. I turned to look at everybody. They returned my gaze, there eyes wide as well. After a moment if awkward silence, we all burst out of the pool and began steaming our way toward My room. In less than a minute we reached the room. Nina was standing beside our egg, which was rocking lightly back and fourth.

"Are you sure its not just kicks?" Hunter asked. I leaned over the egg seeing a small hole inside the side. I looked at Nina, she had a wide smile on her face. A smile of excitement and joy, but also one of slight fear. I was afraid too. Afraid of things i didn't understand, but they made me anxious and nervous none the less.

"I cant believe this moment is finally here!" Nina yelped happily as she nuzzled me. I returned the muzzle and turned my attention back to the egg. It wobbled as the dragonet inside tried desperately to get out. This went on for 5 minutes before the shaking came to a stop. My heart began racing with fears that it had suffocated and died.

"Why did it stop!?" I said in a panicked voice. I lowered my snout to the ground, staring as hard as i could through the small hole. Suddenly the egg exploded, revealing a tiny black dragonet laying on his head with his hind legs up in the air. He was black with white wing membranes. His small underbelly scales were blue and he had a pair of small grey horns coming out his head. His tiny ears were flopped lazily against his head, the insides of them white like snow. He let out a yowl of displeasure. I dot know what it was, or why i did it, but i took his tail in my mouth, picking him up and placing him in between my paws.

"Your maternal instincts are strong i see." Tyro laughed. He had his mate pulled close to him. Both were excited for our new addition. The little dragonet began scrambling around in my paws, trying to flip himself onto his stomach. I leaned forward and helped him out, using my nose to gently roll him to his stomach. He let out a content yowl and stood, walking around with his eyes close, yapping and yelping the entire time, looking for any source of warmth. I glanced up at Nina, she was shaking. She hadn't moved since he hatched, she just sat, shaking with joy.

"He's beautiful!" She finally yelped in a high pitched tone as she looked him over. He was beautiful, new life. My son.........our son.

"What are you going to name him?" Adelind asked with a laugh. Nina locked her eyes with mine and smiled.

"Taro!" She replied wrapping him in her paws, his eyes still closed tight.

"I love it." I replied nuzzling her before going down to my sons level. He sat for a moment before his eyes flew open. He was Bi-eyed. One eyes was blue like mine, and another was golden like Nina's.

"He's beautiful." I said licking his head gently. I could feel tears of joy fall down my muzzle. Taro yelped and tried biting my tongue. I smiled and lay down, my head resting on Nina's paws, just inches from Taro. He stood and tried crawling up my muzzle, but stopped after tiring himself out.

"Come on guys, lets leave the new family to themselves." Hunter smiled before ushering everybody out, leaving Nina, Taro and i.

"I........i love you so much right now." I said looking Nina in the eyes. She smiled and pulled me into a deep passionate kiss. We went on, playing with our new son until he was thoroughly exhausted and sleeping in between my paws. I lay my head over him to protect him in our sleep, and Nina lay over my back.

"Goodnight my boys." Nina smiled before licking both Taro and i across the foreheads. I smiled and returned the lick before laying down again. Sleep quickly took me over , and the haply dreams of family began to run rampant in my conscious.