The legend lives on

The large hallway like room i was in had what looked to be large supply crates stacked on top of one another. Perfect for cover if needed. Other than that, the area was fairly empty. Suddenly, the sound of a door being opened rang in the room, followed by a pair of voices. They were coming from around the corner of the room. They would see me without a doubt. I glanced at the dead body. There wasn't any time to hide it. As i turned back down the hall, the 2 dragons walked around the corner. They froze when they saw me, trying to figure out what to do next with surprised expressions on there faces. We quickly drew into a silent showdown. Both the dragons in front of me had there vests on, and i had nothing. From what i could take in, one had a 50 cal vest and the other a 20 MM vest. All that could be heard in the room was our breathing.

The click of ones vest safety switch sounded the start of our battle. They both took a step back and opened there stances to steady themselves. Without thinking, i grabbed the knife that was used on my father and i and ran toward the crates. Gunshots rang out as i reached the crates. Jumping in top and into the air. Both dragons were looking at the end of the crate, expecting me to appear on the other side instead of jumping into the air. Everything seemed to slow down as i fell toward them. The one with the 50 cal vest noticed my attack, but it was too late. I fell onto his back, driving the knife into his skull as i did. I immediately jumped toward the other one who was turning to fire at me. He was too close, and wouldn't have the time. I felt the knife's blade break as i pulled it from the dragons skull. Only about 2 inches were left attached o the hilt as i leapt at the last one. I hit him hard, causing him to stumble away from me. I wasn't going to give him a chance to recover. I leapt at him, keeping our distance close so he was unable to use his weapon. I struck him with the broken knife, the blade leaving a large dash across his muzzle. With a yelp he fell into the crates, opening his eyes just in time to see what was left of the knife disappear into his chest. He let out a gagged gasp as i held him against the crates with the knife inside his chest. With a growl, i pushed down hard, casing the broken blade to tear through his ribcage and through his stomach. He gasped loudly before falling limp, his organs peaking out of the gash. I released him and the blade as he fell to the ground. Stepping away from the battle. Both dragons lay in a pile of there own blood.

"Someone was bound to hear the gunshots. I need to move." I growled to myself before running to the door they came through. Opening it revealed a smaller room, but it was similar to the one i had been in there was a small table in the middle with 4 chairs around it. On the table were cards, what looked like poker chips. A couple guns, and.......my fathers mask.

"They called you a demon. Lets keep the legend going. What do you say?" I told myself before grabbing the mask and sliding it on, but keeping it up. It felt like it was built for my head. Everything fit me perfectly. The horn holes, eye slits, length. With a smile, i lay the mask over my head. It cover my muzzle, tightly. With it on, i felt powerful, scary.

"Lets finish what we started dad." I whispered before sprinting out of the room and to a large hallway. I ran as fast as i could through room after room, hall after hall, but i never came into contact with any others. It was strange. With a leap, i cleared a set of stairs easily. They led through a tight passageway and into a large open room. I was standing on a catwalk on one side of the room. Across the large room was another catwalk with an anthro and a feral dragon on it. Both hadn't noticed me yet. Below the catwalks was what seemed to be a docking area. Maybe for vehicle. Giving the room one last look over, i began sprinting across the room and to the opened door on the other side. As i reached it, i heard one of the dragons on the catwalk yell. They noticed me.

"Dammit!" I growled, putting on a burst of speed as i ran through the halls, rooms, and staircases. Finally, i spotted a closed door at the end of my route. There were no alternative routes this time. I had to go through the door. Grabbing its large handle, i twisted and pushed hard. There was a whoosh of wet, cold air as i was suddenly outside. I could hear the crashing of waves, and feel the drops of sea spray and rain on my scales. We had been on a cargo ship this entire time. How the hell had i not felt the swaying.

"THERE HE IS! FIRE!" A voice behind me shouted. I turned to see the 2 dragons that were on the catwalk running toward me. There was a loud pop as they started firing. With a yelp i threw the door shut and started running away. My mind trying to figure out my next move.

"The command deck. If i can shut this boat down, it'll be easier to find and destroy." I smiled as i figured out my plan. The rain was coming down hard on the hull. It was hard to hear anything other than water, and even harder to see, but i kept pushing. I would shut this death trap down even if i died. As i ran, i couldn't help but fear the dragons behind me. They would catch me if i stopped. What if i died here. What would happen to my son, to Nina. Suddenly, a bright spotlight turned on, and shone directly at me. It seemed to be coming from above me.

"Get down or we will fire!" A voice shouted. No. I couldn't. Not this close. I couldn't give up now. I quickly disregarded the order and turned to keep running. As i turned, the loud hum of a mini-gun filled the air. I began zig zigging as i ran, hearing the bullets whizz by as i ran. After a few seconds of dodging, i managed to find the other half of the ship, and the command deck. Keeping my speed on, i ran up the steps and toward the command room. Soon, i found the door which was partially opened. I eased the door open to see the red dragon leaned over part of a large control board.

"Come in! Dammit! I NEED REINFORCEMENTS! THERE HERE!" He shouted at a mic. I walked toward him as attempted to speak with whomever he was talking to.

"Where is Lung!?" I growled as i approached. He quickly spun around to face me. His eyes immediately filling with terror.

"Razgriz!?! No......no please.......please.......LEAVE ME ALONE!" He yelped grabbing a cup that was close to him and throwing it at me. I batted it away with my wing and leapt at him. Slamming his head into the command board. Sparks flew everywhere as i repeatedly slammed him into the board.

"WHERE IS HE!?" I shouted putting all my strength into slamming his head into the board. As he hit, both his horns shattered and his jaw broke.

"Back to the temple!" He yelped. I picked him up and threw him to the ground. My anger welling inside me to the point of no longer being controlled. This dragon, he killed my father. He tortured me. Im going to make him pay. Before he had the chance to stand, i was on top of him. Rearing back, i swing my paw at his muzzle. My strikes had never had so much strength. I continued to strike him. His yelps and yowls were the only things i could hear. Suddenly, there was the sound of claws on metal, quickly followed by a quiet thump. I glanced toward the door the see 3 flash grenades roll toward me. With a yelp i leapt backwards, but it was too late. All 3 grenades went off, leaving my ears ringing and my eyes blind. I felt as i backed into the blown control panel. It kept me from escaping further. The ringing and blindness slowly subsided and i slowly opened my eyes. 2 dragons had entered the room. A large brown one, and a smaller black one.

"On the ground!" The brown growled at me. The black dragon went to check the red dragon, who wasn't moving.

"I said on the ground!" The brown yelled.

"Wait....that voice....Tyro!?" I asked lowering my raised paws. The brown dragon slowly lowered his guard and the black dragon quickly spun to face me.

"Shadow?!" The black female asked. That was Nina's voice.

"Yeah......yeah, its me."