Mountain Ally

"I think thats everything." Nina said as she closed the door to our room.

"We got to get the eggs before we leave." I quickly stated with a smile.

"Of course. You think I would forget my children?" Nina huffed furring her brow at me.

"No, I was just saying." I said, quickly correcting myself. I didnt really like making her mad, and i felt that my remark had done just that.

"Oh you big hatchling." she laughed as she licked my snout.

"Lets go." she began walking away from me and down the halls. I was quick to follow her. How was I this lucky? Finding another like her would be near impossible if something happend to her. I dont know what I would do if I lost her.

"What do you think?" she began turning to me with a concerned expression.

"About Ren?"

"I.........I dont know. He shouldnt have been killed that easily. Then there was the fact that he had been taken by suprise. There is no way thats possible, espically for Ren." I replied with a sigh. His mangeled body had been on my mind since we had visited the infirmary. Something wasnt right, but if commands hypothisys about Hunter was right, then why would he do it? Espically to a fellow Talon member.

"Lets drop our stuff at the chopper before we get the eggs. That way we wont have to carry all this crap and our eggs." I said taking the lead as we walked toward the flight deck. The halls of the carrier lead on like a maze. This had taken some time getting used to when we were first based to the Draco, but withen days we coujld navagate the halls blind if needed. There were multiple ways we could go to reach the flight deck, but our favorite was the scafolding that was on the sides of the ship. You could go out when you were bored or had a lot on your mind and just look out over the horizon. The water would wash away all your worries away as it went.

"I love it out here." Nina said as she opened the door that led to the scafolding. The smell of wet sea air filled my nose. The smell of freedom.

"Me too." I replied nuzzling her. She smiled and nuzzled me back.

"Lets just skip walking and fly to the top of the ship." I said leaping over the scafolding and opening my wings, comming to a hover over the scafolding to look at Nina. She rolled her eyes and leapt over. We circuled each other and made our way to the deck. On the deck, there was very little activity. Really all there was on the deck was the V-22 used for our moving to Firebase Charley. There were 10 humans around the vehicle, all working or helping load it. Cloud appeared from the back of the vehicle along with a large green dragon. Mark, the hatchery gaurdian. He stayed in the hatch and locked his gaze with us. Why was he away from the hatchery?

"Shadow, Nina! Get over here!" He called. Cloud glanced toward us and picked up his weapons vest, quickly dissapearing back into the V-22. Nina and I quickly walked to the vehicle. I stepped inside and immediatedly noticed my eggs laying wrapped in a large, soft blanket at the front of the plane. Thats why he was away, to make sure we got our eggs safetly.

"There here and safe." Mark said smiling.

"Thanks a lot Mark. Saves us time." Nina laughed nuzzling him, her was of saying thanks.

"Ive got even better news." He said smiling as he lifted his head away from her. I couldnt help but fear the dragon, but love him like a brother at the same time. He stood taller than me. Maybe 7 foot or more. His muslces were more profound than mine as well. he could rip my head off if he wanted to, or if i ever put my eggs in danger. He was just that type of dragon.

"Yeah?" Cloud asked from the the front of the plane. He was tucking the cover over the eggs to help protect them a lottle more. Mark immediatedly walked toward the eggs. Cloud backed off and sat on his haunches.