Truth In The Dark

"Shadow!" A voice called, sounding as if miles away, but approaching quickly.

"Shadow!" The voice called again, sounding much closer now. With a pain filled growl, my eyes began to slowly open.

"Thank god, your alright Shadow." The voice said one last time sounding as if just feet from me.

"Dad?" I asked slowly lifting my head to look around. I was inside a jail cell looking room. Metal bars surrounded the front, and right sides of me. Attached to the metal bars was another cell. This one surrounded on 3 sides by metal bars. The one attached to that was like mine, having only 2 sides with bars on them, the other 2 sides being large, concrete walls. All 3 cells were dark and damp, leaving a moldy, heavy musk in the air. The drip drip drip of water could be heard nearby, the drops pooling up just outside the bars of the cells. Lights flickered lightly, causing the rooms to blink, as if strobing.

"Shadow, can you hear me? Are you ok?" My dad asked. He was held in the cage beside me, the one with 3 sides surrounded by bars.

"Yeah.......yeah I'm ok." I replied with a cough. My head was killing me, and i could taste blood on my tongue. My broken arm and wing had been un splinted, but were almost healed now. I guess that was one of the perks of being a dragon, your wounds healed quicker. My wing was able to be moved without pain , but wouldn't be able to support flying yet. As for my arm, i could walk on it if i wanted, but i would have to take it easy if i did.

"So close now!" My dad growled as he ran himself into the metal gate in the bars.

"I promised i would find you. Im not going to stop now. Not when I'm this close." He growled, trying to shake the door open, but to no avail.

"What? Who are you talking about ?" I asked, still waking from being knocked out.

"No one." My dad quickly stated. He apparently hoped i hadn't heard him ramble. Something about his atmosphere changed completely. It was as if he was after something....or somebody he knew. What could it be. Suddenly my mind came back to me and a sudden realization reached me.

"Nina! Wheres Nina!?" I yelped jumping to my feet.

"Safe. She got out so don't put your worries toward her. Help me figure out a way to get out of here." He said, making me sigh with relief. Dad grabbed the bars and began trying to shake them with hard thrusts. They weren't budging. Suddenly a sound like ripping paper rang in the air, and a blue flash ran from the top of the bars to the ground.

"THE FUCK!" Dad yelped falling to his back, smoke lifting from his paws.

"Dad!?" I yelped running toward him.

"STOP!" He growled stopping me before i grabbed the bars separating him from me.

"There electrified. If you grab them you'll regret it." A voice stated from outside the cells. I turned to see a red dragon with black belly scales. He had 2 horns that swung down along his neck. On his muzzle was a large scar starting from his nose and going up past his left eyes. The eye itself was closed, leading to believe he had lost the eye when he got the scar.

"Who are you?" I asked as my dad righted himself.

"Thats none of your concern. He said as 4 other dragons appeared, causing the doors to both my cell and dads to open. 2 dragons came into my cell and 2 into my dads. Each dragon grabbed us and began leading us out of the cells.

"If you struggle, we WILL kill you here and now, understand?" The red dragon growled looking me over.

"We don't need you. We don't want you. Your simply here for us to get the information we need." He stated as one of the dragons that had me blindfolded me, then began leading me down the halls. All i could see was darkness. There was a low hum sounding throughout the halls. Almost as if the walls were humming with electricity. It took a few minutes, but soon i could hear the heavy metal sounds of doors being opened. That quickly led to me being pushed to the ground and what felt like metal clamps being clamped on my legs, and tail. The blind fold was lifted and i was able to see that metal clamps were in fact clamped around my limbs. My father was being clamped to the ground in the same manner i had been so that he faced me maybe 5 yards away from me tops. The room we were in was not small, but was not large. Maybe the size of a normal human living room, at most. Blood stained the hard, cold concrete floor below me. Signs that this, this room, was the spot for executions. A cold shudder ran through my bones as i pictured the many deaths that had been in these same spots. All those who were killed before us. Of the 5 dragons that led us into the room, only the red one and 2 others stayed. The other 2 walked to post outside the door.