Epilogue

~~~~~~6 MONTHS LATER~~~~~~~

"Do something little punk! I dare you!" The biggest kid shouted at little TJ. He was surrounded by 4 kids at least 2 grade years over him. Poor little TJ. He simply sat down begging his bullies to stop. I watched from the roof of the school as they picked on him. It was recess for the younger grades. From what i could tell, it was grades 3 through 6. The older kids picking on TJ were defiantly 6th graders.

"Give me your lunch money or ill beat your head in!" One of the bullies yelled at him. TJ started reaching into his pocket and pulled out a few quarters, which he handed to the bully.

"Only 75 cents? This wont even get me chocolate milk!" The kid yelled before throwing it across the playground.

"Alright, I've seen enough." I mumbled before pulling my fathers mask over my head and leaping over the side of the building, 3 stories up. I kept my wings closed until i almost hit the ground. Then i threw them open, keeping me from hurting myself, but also making me sound bigger than i was. I landed behind the biggest kid, whom was the leader. He froze with fear before slowly turning toward me.

"Having fun picking on a kid thats way younger than you?" I asked with a growl, blowing a blue flame from my muzzle to scare the boys. I had no intentions of hurting the kids, merely scaring them.

"Oh my god.....its one of the dragons on TV!" One of the bullies yelled before backing away. Suddenly they all turned and tried running away. On cue, Tyro jumped from a nearby tree to stop there escape. He had his wings flared to pin them in.

"Oh no no no, where ya goin? We were just starting the fun." Tyro growled, his head close to the ground, and smoke pouring from his muzzle. He definantly looked like he was going to kill them, but we both knew he wasn't. I reached a paw toward TJ and pulled him behind my leg.

"You older kids like picking on the little ones? You know what happens to ones like you all?" I asked growling as i grabbed the biggest by his leg and lifting him into the air. He screamed and flailed.

"We eat them." Tyro smiled, licking his chops. I lifted my mask and opened my maw before lowering the kid toward me. I stopped just as his head entered my mouth.

"Ya know, I'm really not that hungry at the moment. I suppose we can save these for later. I mean. We know where there at from there scent. We can always find them again a know." I said dropping the kid on his back.

"Yeah, your right. Lets hope they keep bullying little kids, that way we can find them. If they stop bullying, then we wont be able to find them again." Tyro smiled. I laughed a little, but it was all part of the plan, even though the scent part was false.

"Well, lets go. Well come back for them later." I sighed before picking TJ up by his backpack.

"Oh, and one last thing, TJ is off limits from this point on, GOT IT!" I yelled at the kids. The all shook there heads quickly. One kid had pissed himself, 2 others were crying, and the last was scared completely shitless. With that i grabbed TJ tightly and flew back to the roof of the school, setting him down as we landed. Once i let him go, he ran a few steps away and spun to face me.

"Remember me kid?"

"Oh yeah, your Shadow!" He replied smiling. I laughed as the door to the roof opened, and the principal of the school stepped toward us. She was a nice old lady named MRS, Parkinson. She was about in her mid 50's and had been searching for a way to keep the bullies from picking on TJ again.

"Thanks both of you. I think they've learned this time." She laughed as she placed a hand on TJ's shoulder.

"Anytime ma'am. I promised little TJ here i would help him a while back, so i owed him that." I replied with a smile as TJ hugged my leg.