- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I hadn't realized I had fallen asleep before I felt the first rays of sunshine kissing my skin. I fought to open my eyelids as they were still smeared because of the tears I had shed the previous night. I got up quickly, throwing one last glance at my sister's tombstone before finally heading back to the city. I passed by a small stream where I washed my face not wanting the other to notice I had been crying. Walkers weren't numerous as I made my way back as fast as I could. When I finally reached the doors of the city, it seemed to me that the watchman let a sight of relief as he saw me reappearing through the woods.

“Stefan!” he called instantly as he opened the door. When I walked in I was immediately met by Stefan's relieved but also angry expression.

“Where in hell were you?!” he shouted causing me to look at him raising an eyebrow in surprise.

“I told you yesterday. I went out.” I answered crossing my arms on my chest.

“You've been out all night! I was worried as fuck.” he snapped.

“Careful Stef, people might think you actually care about me.” I said with a smirk.

“Well i'm not you. I care about people, I have a heart.” he said angrily causing a smile to appear on my face at the nice come back.

“Fair enough.” I said before pushing past him and walking in direction of my house.

As I walked, I was met by people's staring. I felt like they wanted to come to me, tell me they were glad I was okay but they didn't, probably too scared I would push them away like I always did. My eyes fell the green eyed girl I had learned to hate. But the look I saw in her eyes softened me somehow although I would never admit. As she was looking at me I could her worry fading and her relief showing. A slight smile made its way on her face but quickly disappear as she saw me frowning.

“Hey Y/N.” I heard behind me causing me to turn only to be met by the youngest Cabello girl. I could see in her eyes that she was just as scared as the rest of this city but she was the only who had the courage to come and talk to me anyway. As I stared at her, I realized it was impossible for me to reject at that exact second, not after the night I had just spent.

“Hey little one.” I greeted back and saw her whole face lighting up at my words, both because she was surprised that I hadn't been mean and because I had actually been quite nice.

“I'm glad you are back.” she said her voice coming out barely louder than a whisper.

“Why would you be huh? Remember i'm a meanie.” I questioned almost playfully but not completely letting go of my emotionless face.