sixteen

"Uhhh hang on." I pulled the phone away from my ear as Anna sat down beside me. Her pearly teeth were biting down on her lower lip. "Does Iceland celebrate Thanksgiving."

She shook her head and her eyes glanced down for a second before turning her head to the street.

"They don't have Thanksgiving in Iceland." I told my mom then turned my head back to Anna. "When do you go back?"

"The 17th." Her lips formed a small smile.

"She goes back on the 17th." I added.

"November?"

"December." I clarified. My eyes wandered back over to Anna. Her hair was in a bun with a few strands dancing in the wind. Her outfit was simple, white T-shirt and blue jeans paired with white converse. My mouth suddenly went dry. And it was not from running. "Hey, mom, I'll call you later."

"Ask her if she wants to come over for Thanksgiving." She said to me.

"Yeah, I will. Love you."

"Love you too baby." Then the line went dead. I put my phone down beside me and smiled at Anna.

"You're awfully quiet." I said to her. "It's weird."

"And you're awfully sweaty." She smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, I'll take a shower."

"I never said it was a bad thing." She laughed and I shook my head with a small smile. "Did you see?"

"Nope, I was out running. Does it look good?" I asked her.

She nodded quickly. "It looks great. C'mon, you have to see." She stood up and pulled me with her. "Oh I almost forgot." She said then pulled me in for a hug.

I groaned but still wrapped my hands around her. "I'm sweaty."

"Mhm, I don't care." She mumbled. We stayed like that for a few seconds before I reluctantly pulled away and walked with her into the house.

I stopped in the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and started drinking. One drop ended up missing and started leaking down my chin and neck and between my breasts.

I grabbed another bottle and turned around to hand it to Anna but she looked like she was frozen. Her lips were slightly parted as her eyes were focused on my chest.

"Anna?" I asked and hid my smirk when she cleared her throat and the tips of her ears turned red. "You okay?"

She grabbed the water bottle and chugged it much like I did. "I'm great." She grinned.

I looked towards the stairs when I heard feet pounding down them. "Aye mamas, the photos look fucking great." Lauren grinned at us and handed us her laptop.

I grabbed it from her and quickly put in the password and the website immediately popped up. The first picture was the one where I was grabbing Anna's tie and pulling her towards me.

"You got a bit too carried away at the end there though." Lauren smirked as I scrolled to the end of the page. Anna and I were kissing, my hands resting just above her ass as one of her hands was gripping my waist and one was resting on my neck. "Hot though." She tilted her head to the side.

"This one's my favorite." Anna said and pointed to one of the candid shots. She was laughing, one of her hands on my upper arm as my arms were crossed over my chest, and I was just... looking at her with a small smile on my face.

I remember when that photo was taken. I tried so hard to take my eyes off her but I couldn't. She said something about tickles and an octopus and nearly peed her pants of laughter. It was so stupid but so endearing at the same time. My heart was beating out of my chest and my stomach was doing somersaults and all that other cliché shit.