thirteen

"Hello." I said out of breath into my phone after I found it.

"Hey," It was Normani. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. What's up?"

I heard a car start. "Uhm, the girls are making me go to the store to pick up some things for a movie night but were too lazy to come with me soooo..."

"Soooo?" I chuckled.

"Do you wanna come with me and then watch movies?"

"Ugh, I don't know... I have an audition tomorrow."

"Please, please, please! You can take what you need with you and I'll drive you." I heard the pout in her voice. "I'll even cheer you on."

"It's an audition, if you come and cheer me on you'll ruin it." I laughed. "But I'll come with you."

"Yes! I'm almost at your apartment."

"Can I wear pajamas?"

"Well duh, what do you think I'm wearing?"

I laughed and started putting stuff in my bag. "Good cause I'm too lazy to change."

She laughed. "I'm pulling up."

"Okay, I'll be there in five." I quickly finished putting everything in my bag and went out to Normani.

When I sat in the passenger seat, she spoke up. "Okay, I knew you were going in pajamas but this was not what I was expecting."

"It's hoooot."

"But not hot enough to wear short shorts." She laughed.

"I'm from Iceland." I deadpanned and stared at her.

She looked like she was going to say something but decided not to and settled with a simple "True."

And I smirked a little.

----

"Are you a 100% sure you don't want anything?" Normani asked for the umpteenth time as we walked to the cashier.

"Like I said," I smiled at her and started taking stuff out of the cart. "I have an audition and I have to watch what I eat."

"Right, right." She laughed. "I don't have that willpower but I wish."

"Well, you gotta do what you gotta do to achieve your dream."

"Been there, done that, still doing it." She said and I laughed. "What?" We grabbed the bags and started walking outside.

"Nothing, you're just cute." I smiled and grabbed her hand, swinging it back and forth.

I saw a slight smile on her face before she turned it away from me.

But it quickly snapped back into place when we heard squeals.

"Oh my- I'm dying! Fucking Normani! Catch me, imma die right now." Some girl said to her friends.

"Normani who? Don't you see Anna Thors standing right there?" One of them said.

"Guys, shut up! They're right there, they can hear you."

Normani and I laughed as their faces turned bright red. "Come on." I dragged Normani over to them. "Hi." I grinned.

"H-hi." One of them whispered.

"What are your names?" Normani said with her big smile.

"I'm Irma," The girl who told the others to shut up said. "That's Dana," She pointed to the girl who freaked out over Normani. "And that's Shay." She said finally and signaled to the girl who freaked out over me.