Chapter Nine

Mulai dari awal

I followed her to the door, but then she abruptly turned around. Now, I'm only praying she didn't change her mind at the last second.

"How did your date go?"

"Great, now let's go." I said.

"Did you kiss?"

"No."

"Hold hands?"

"No."

"Hug?"

"Yes, now go."

She nodded and threw open the door, which I shut behind us. I threw the twelve roll of TP in the backseat and then hopped in beside Demi.

Let's do this.

••••

Demi pulled up in front of Wilmer's house, and as if this couldn't go better, his car wasn't home.

I dragged the toilet paper out of the car and set it beside my feet. I watched as Demi excitedly opened the carton and took one egg out.

"This, this is for being an asshole." She threw it, and it smashed against the window.

Oh, I'm loving every second of this.

"This is for hurting my daughter." She chucked it, and it hit just above the door.

"This is for saying those things to my daughter." And before I could register what was happenig she already had another egg out. "And for TOUCHING HER YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" She screamed.

I watched as she calmed her breathing down and she smiled to herself looking at all the eggs on his house. "Want one?" She asked, gesturing towards the egg carton.

"Nah, I like watching. I got the toilet paper." I said picking it up and walking over to his trees.

I laughed while I threw rolls in the air, the sound of eggs smashing against his house in the background. What a perfect day.

I was throwing toilet paper left and right when Demi finally threw the last egg. "Alright, A, lets go."

I dropped my last roll on his doorstep and walked beside Demi, admiring our masterpiece.

"Partners in crime." I smiled.

Demi draped her arm around my shoulders, still admiring the scene. "Partners in crime."

Flashback

It was two weekends before Demi gets to come home from treatment, when Wilmer put his plan to work.

Wilmer knew around this time of evening Dianna would be on her way to pick Madison up from aerial practice, Dallas would be at Robs, and Eddie would be doing yard work, leaving Annie alone in the house.

Wilmer became intoxicated before he arrived, knowing it would make his job way easier. All he knew was that he needed to scare Annie enough to stay away from Demi, her own mother. Wilmer wasn't a big fan of sharing and the only person Demi loves more than Wilmer is Annie. And that isn't okay for Wilmer.

He opened the door to the De La Garzas's home and stepped in, inhaling the fresh sent of cleaning supplies. Dianna became a nutcase when Demi entered treatment and she's constantly doing stuff to keep her mind off of it. Including mopping every inch of the house, every night.

Wilmer took the last chug of his flask before slipping it back in his pocket and walking up to Annie's room.

He slowly opened the door to see Annie wrapping a baby doll up in a blanket, softly whispering and giggling to it.

"Hi Wilmer." Annie said. "What are you doing here?"

Wilmer's vision started to go blurry, making it harder to make out Annie's face.

"Listen, okay, kid?" Wilmer said, kneeling in front of Annie.

"Your breath stinks." Annie giggled, waving a hand back and fourth in front of his face.

"Your mommy is coming home soon, you know that?"

"Yes I know." She said, still pretending to take care of her baby.

"You put her in there." Wilmer coldly chuckled. "You're the reason she went in there."

Annie took her eyes away from the baby doll and shook her head at Wilmer, unconvinced. "No, she was sick. She was even sick before she got me! But, she's being taken care of now. That's what Didi said. I even ,made her a 'get well soon' card to send to her." Annie said, pointing to her desk.

"Annie, your 'mommy' doesn't love you." Wilmer said.

"My mommy loves me. She told me that every night when she laid down beside me for night night time, silly." Annie giggled, obviously not understanding what Wilmer was trying to say.

"You know how after a while of playing with that baby doll you get bored and put it up?" Wilmer asked.

"Yes.." Annie said, protectively wrapping her arms around the baby doll and standing up to her feet.

"That's what mommy is going to do to you. She's going to get bored with you, and put you back."

"No she's not." Annie defended, putting the baby doll on the bed.

"She thinks you're a joke." Wilmer said, harshly. "You're pathetic and a mistake, Annie. It's disgusting."

Annie's eyes started to become very watery by Wilmer's hurtful words.

"Your 'mommy' doesn't love you." Wilmer said.

Annie stared straight into Wilmer's eyes and said, "Liar."

Wilmer's sudden anger and with it being mixed with alcohol, sent him over the edge. Wilmer had no control as he threw his arms out in front of him and forcefully pushed Annie, sending her crashing into her toys.

"Now, listen, kid. You give me and Demi space. She's mine." Wilmer growled.

Annie was shocked and hurt, looking at her elbow that was now dripping with blood from scratching a toy.

"Annie, are you okay?" Eddie yelled from downstairs.

Wilmer slowly backed up while putting a finger up to his lips and mouthing, "Shhhh."