I felt it was best not to dwell anymore on last nights incidents and nightmare but at the same time decided that somehow I would have to give peace to my heart by putting the worries and fears incited by the nightmare to rest. I finished my morning routine once I knew what I had to do since sleep already evaded me.  I went down  and  saw that Mr & Mrs. Mehra didn't wake up yet so I thought of spending some time in the lawn. I walked on the grass with barefoot so that I could feel the beautiful reality around me and I also had a small hope that this would keep me from thinking of that horrendous dream. I was accumulating every vestige of strength in me to keep my mind hinged with the reality around me. I laughed at myself ruefully when I felt that I was turning into a fragile porcelain doll that would break with just a small amount of duress.

The minutes turned into hours and I perceived around me the activities that indicated the advent of the dawn which would bring a new hope in this life. The warm sun rays permeated my soul brimming me with positiveness which brought a smile to my face. The cool breeze with its gentleness unclouded the haziness of my heart giving me a sense of clarity. I heard the ringing of the bells indicating that Mrs. Mehra was performing her daily prayers in the Shrine inside situated in one auspicious corner of the house. That was when I knew who was going to help me and guide me regarding the nightmare. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't push away the worry clouding my heart. But these bells brought forth the light that held the power to drive away my gloomy worries. I turned towards the rising sun, folded my hands together and prayed to my parents to send me someone who could guide me through this hard time. Even though there were traces of worry, I was filled with a new confidence that everything was alright after praying to my parents.

I continued my day by helping Mrs. Mehra in the Kitchen after which I helped her packing for their upcoming trip. "Anya,  Will you be able to stay alone here in this big house after we leave? Or do you want us to shift to a hostel for the time we are not here? We are just worried if you would feel uncomfortable and lonely without anyone to keep you company once we are gone. This area is pretty safe and you need not worry about you security in this house. But wanted to know your wish about staying here alone."Mrs. Mehra asked me all of a sudden breaking the silence.

"I am perfectly alright with staying alone here Mrs. Mehra. And I would a lot safer here than in any other hostel. I will take good care of the house and garden. You don't worry about anything. Just enjoy the trip and have lots of fun. however, if you want me to shift to somewhere else I will search for something." I answered truthfully. I liked it in this house but at the end of the day I was a paying guest in this house and it was up to my hosts if they would allow me to stay at their place in their absence no matter how well they know me or my family.

"We would love it , if you would stay here only even in our absence. You need not worry about cleaning and gardening because we have already availed service from a concierge. They came with pretty good recommendations. We are worried for you. If you want you can ask Priya to stay with you for the time we are not here. That way you would not be alone and you would have some company. What say?"She asked me. I thought about her suggestion and nodded yes.

" Will definitely think about it. "she was happy with my answer and I could see relief in her eyes. I was really lucky to have such caring hosts to take care of me so far away from home. She hugged me and told me to take care of myself before we got back to our work of packing for their trip. We had an early lunch after which Mrs & Mr Mehra retired to take rest or some time. I went to my room and saw that there were some missed calls from Kai's Phone. I ringed him back thinking if there was any issue with Ray.

" Yaayyyyaaaaa!! Where were you??  I called you soooo many times. but you did not answer. Are you mad at me? Did I do anything wrong yesterday. Sorry if I did. Please don't stop talking to me." Ray choked on his last words pinching my heart.

"Ray!! It is nothing like that. You did not do anything wrong.  I was busy with packing and did not see my hand phone as it was getting charged. Are you listening to me Ray? I am not angry at you. How can I be angry at my sweet Ray?!?!", I tried to console him so that he would not be sad anymore.

" You.. You are lying. You... You.. are..."

" Ray!  Why are you crying ? Your Yaaya must be busy with some work Champ. she is not angry with you. She will call us back. Don't cry now. Your Yaaya will feel bad if she knows that you are crying for her. Do you want her to feel bad?" Kai interrupted Ray and from his words it was apparent that he was not aware that Ray was on call with me. And I was glad for that because there was no way I could face him, either in person or on phone after what transpired last night. However, I could not disconnect the call knowing that Ray was in pain an was crying for me. So I took a deep breath and decided to take the matter into my hands so that I could placate Ray's worries.

" Yaayaa.. yaa is packing Chaachu. She is leaving us." Ray whispered with tears choking his voice.

"Whaaat???" I could sense Kai's surprise and fear in that one word.

I decided that it was time I step in before things got out of hand.

" I am not going anywhere Ray. I was helping my House host in their packing. They are going to a trip next week so I was helping. And you don't cry please. I will also cry if you do. " I told him with a sad voice hoping that he would take the bait.

"No.. No.. you should not cry Yaaya. I am not crying anymore. Right Chachu? You can ask Chachu if you want. I am not crying now. So will you take me to that special place tomorrow Yaaya?!" He asked me with a chirpy voice bringing a smile to my lips. 

"Of course I will take you there. I promised you didn't I?? We will go there tomorrow. So did you eat the other cakes? Did you like them?" I asked him so that his mind would be diverted to the another topic.

" Haa Yaaya. I ate. They are sooo tasty. Even my aachi and Haan chachu liked them. You know Yaaya, my Aachi is going to give me a sister after some months. Then we three can play together. Oh!! I forgot to tell you, Aachi liked your cakes and she wanted more. WIll you make them for her Yaaya? Kai Chachu will...", Kai interrupted him again.

" We will ask your Yaaya about cakes later on if she has time. Now it is time for your nap. We will meet your Yaaya tomorrow.  Now say Bye to her"

" Bye Yaaya. See you tomorrow." Ray disconnected the call after I bid him bye with a lot of joy and happiness oozing from his every word whereas I was filled with anxiety at the thought of meeting Kai tomorrow face to face. I thought for a second that I will mail him not to come and send someone to drop Ray but squashed that thought when I realized how rude and ridiculous that would sound. With a heart quivering with excitement and fear I decided to take a nap.

After what felt like hours, I was snapped out of my sleep by the constant ringing of my phone. I opened it to see a missed call and unread notifications. I rung back the caller but there was no response so I opened the unread messages  from an unknown number and what I found there stupefied me.

" There is a grand surprise waiting for you here. Come fast. "

Hope you liked the chapter. Kindly vote and comment. The next update will be either today or tomorrow.