Chapter 20

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay. Here is a new chapter with Kai and Anya meeting once again.

Happy reading

Anya's POV

I woke up to the sight of various hues of the brilliant sunlight dancing around my room. I looked at my phone to find a notification from Priya which prompted me to open it. It was a message from her asking me if I was interested in visiting The Flower Dale, their family owned floral boutique today. Without any delay I called her to give my answer. We decided to go to The Flower Dale in the evening at around 5, after completing the office work. I put my mother's Journal in the bedside table draw and got ready for the day. I left for office and on my way to the parking stations I saw Kai's bike in the same place where it was yesterday, near that cafeteria. While walking to the office building from the parking stations I slowed down my steps so I could take a closer look at the bike. I noticed that the bike was covered with specks of dust confirming my suspicions that it has not been moved from that place where it was parked since last night.

I reached my office floor with the thoughts of the bike and it's owner running through my mind. Why did he park the bike near the cafeteria? Is everything alright with him? Is he in some kind of trouble? Else why would he leave his bike near cafeteria unguarded? The worry for his safety clouded my soul brewing a rioting storm in my heart. My thoughts drifted to many gloomy scenarios about what might have happened to him, created by the pessimist part of my mind. In an effort to stop my mind from drifting to all those scary thoughts, I logged into my office mail, checked my inbox and listed the tasks to be performed that day. This helped me from drowning in the worry consuming me with all the unanswered questions about Kai. After few a hours, I looked at my watch to find that there is still an hour left for lunch and decided to take a short break. I walked aimlessly without a bother about my surroundings and reached the corridor overlooking the cafeteria. It was like my feet had a mind of their own and it instructed them to take me there. I closed my eyes and prayed that the bike should no longer be near cafeteria. But my prayers did not reach the Lord's ears and I saw the bike shining in the afternoon sun like a black diamond. It was apparent that Kai had not arrived to office today also since the bike was still parked where I saw it in the morning. My chances of coming across him anywhere other than the top floors above mine were as good as zero since I met him in the executive elevators the first time. What could be so important that he left the bike there? It was not covered and without any protection against the nature. He hasn't arrived till now and it rained heavily last night in some parts of the city including here. It must have been hard for him last night to reach home also. My mind started designing various possibilities about what might have happened to him last night. What if he drenched in the rain and caught cold? What if he did not find transportation to go home? How can I find out what happened to him? Other than his name which I was sure that many might not be aware of, I know next to nothing about him except for the fact that he worked in this office. While I was pondering on how to find if he was alright, someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned to find Priya looking at me with a question on her face. "Where are you lost madam? I have ringed up your mobile 3 times and went to your desk after no answer all the times to find you missing. I find you here gazing into nothing. Is there any problem?", She asked me. " Nothing of such sort, I am just taking a break from work for sometime. So when are we leaving for your boutique ?", I answered her with a question of my own. "We could leave at anytime after half past 3. You adjust your schedule accordingly. This was why I called you actually, to inform about the timings.", she answered. Few of our colleagues joined us after few seconds and we started talking amongst ourselves. We decided to get back to work after chatting for a few minutes about random topics. After half an hour I went to meet Priya for lunch since we decided to have a short and brisk lunch so we could get back to work fast and leave early for Flower Dale.